Saints Row 2 High Quality Texture Pack

I think this texture pack is looking better so I've come up with an alternative time_of_day.xtbl file. I made the nighttime sky more similar to the one in the first Saints Row game plus a golden sunrise and sunsets. This is my test file by the way and it's not fully completed. Please put the "time_of_day.xtbl file in optional_mod_stuff\1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE" folder.

Attachments

• time_of_day.xtbl
    69 KB · Views: 459
  • SR2_pc 2015-08-31 09-31-05.png
    SR2_pc 2015-08-31 09-31-05.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 774
  • SR2_pc 2015-08-31 09-31-22.png
    SR2_pc 2015-08-31 09-31-22.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 728
  • SR2_pc 2015-09-01 02-19-06.png
    SR2_pc 2015-09-01 02-19-06.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 690
  • SR2_pc 2015-09-01 02-19-12.png
    SR2_pc 2015-09-01 02-19-12.png
    1 MB · Views: 640
I downloaded chunks, downloaded attached file .99bversion.

I copies all files from the sr2_hq_texture_pack0.99b into GOTR folder: optional_mod_stuff/1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE (did not remove files from folders) then ran GOTR, created a new patch file by pressing P, copied that file into SR2 main folder. Then copied chunks1, 2, and 3 and overwrote the default ones in the SR2 folder. Did I miss a step? I saw the part about the Saints Row 2 Integrated Texture Tool but I did not understand what it had to do with the process, was that a necessary step or was that a more advanced option? I don't noticed a difference in the textures and my mini map is messed up.

The folder "new_textures" is used for the Saints Row2 Integrated Texture Tool using the data that is in the that folder.

The easy way is to copy all files in the "sr2_hq_texture_pack" folder to "optional_mod_stuff\1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE" folder, then build a new patch.vpp_pc file by using the "Create_Custom_GotR_v1.9.2.bat" file, then
copy the patch.vpp_pc file from the "MY_CUSTOM_PATCH" folder to the Saints Row 2 installed folder.

Then Copy chunks1.vpp_pc, chunks2.vpp_pc and chunks3.vpp_pc to the Saints Row 2 installed folder.
I hope this works for you it worked for me.

I believe that is what I did. But you are saying that I don't need to use the Sants Row2 Int Tex Tool right?
That's correct. Unless you plan on doing it the hard way.

I downloaded chunks, downloaded attached file .99bversion.

I copies all files from the sr2_hq_texture_pack0.99b into GOTR folder: optional_mod_stuff/1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE (did not remove files from folders) then ran GOTR, created a new patch file by pressing P, copied that file into SR2 main folder. Then copied chunks1, 2, and 3 and overwrote the default ones in the SR2 folder. Did I miss a step? I saw the part about the Saints Row 2 Integrated Texture Tool but I did not understand what it had to do with the process, was that a necessary step or was that a more advanced option? I don't noticed a difference in the textures and my mini map is messed up.

SR2 integrated texture tool is for texture creators.
So, this tool is not necessary if do you not create a texture on your own.

Rather than copy the contents of the sr2_hq_texture_pack0.99b folder, please copy the files in the sr2_hq_texture_pack folder.
In version 0.99b, there're 339 files within the sr2_hq_texture_pack folder.

Fig.1 Please copy these files to GOTR optional_mod_stuff/1-MODDERS_-_PUT_YOUR_OWN_PERSONAL_MODS_HERE folder.
001.png

Nice work, I dig it.

Edit: I came back here 3 minutes after my post and now the images aren't viewable anymore.
I must have broken it by looking at them, happens all the time with the ladies.

Last edited:
I've officially given up on this mod. It broke my game textures, it failed to install, i tried over and over again, and still won't install.

You must download the v0.99b chunks_123_hq.rar and sr2_hq_texture_pack0.99b.rar.
Unzip the sr2_hq_texture_pack0.99b.rar, you should be able to install it by operating in accordance with the contents of the readme.rtf.
What needs to be added to the patch.vpp_pc file is a content of "sr2_hq_texture_pack" folder, please note that this is not the folder itself.

Contents of the "new_textures" folder is for texture developers. Please ignore them.

Back