Saints Row: Deadly Escapade [DEMO] - Zombie Survival Expansion Pack

1-release.png

>> DOWNLOAD DEMO <<
(LATEST UPDATE: 10.10.24)

VIEW SOURCE CODE

3-release.png
After a few months of work, I am now happy to announce and release a demo of my latest modding project: "Saints Row: Deadly Escapade". Deadly Escapade acts as an expansion and revamp of the base game, redesigning it with an entirely new storyline and adding new gamemodes.

Deadly Escapade is still in development and is a passion/side project, there is no final release date or ETA as of yet. If you want to see more content that goes beyond the demo, you can use PhantasyRowSDK to build Deadly Escapade's latest source code and play new versions.

In this demo, you can play the first two prologue missions of story mode. Once you have finished the prologue you will unlock Survival Mode. For the demo, Survival Mode has been restricted to a much smaller play area so that I can release this to the public sooner and gather feedback.

Story Mode:

"Set shortly after the events of the first game, you play as Ricky Junkyard. Ricky was a half-wit crook who organized and hosted several
illegal gambling rooms all across Stilwater. However, this all came crashing down when he began to network with someone who turned
out to be an undercover cop.

Facing another jail sentence, Ricky thought it couldn't get any worse. Unfortunately for him, this is just the start of his Deadly Escapade."

Story Mode features linear, non-replayable campaign missions which sees Ricky Junkyard embark on his Escapade; from breaking out of his
jail cell to finding the cause of the infection.

Survival Mode:

Survival Mode features non-linear, replayable missions set in different districts across Stilwater. Your goal is to explore the playable area
to loot objects and participate in side-quests for money. You can quit out of Survival Mode at any time by returning to your safehouse, in which
all of the items and cash you earned during your play session is saved to your character. Beware, between the zombies and hostile survivors you'll
also have to keep an eye on your Immunity meter which is continuously decreasing. You can boost your immunity by finding medicine, which can be
done by looting and interacting with survivors. The way you interact with survivors affects your reputation meter, which in turn, affects the way
survivors may approach you.

1.jpg
2.jpg
5.jpg
DeadlyEscapade_SplashNews1.png

Attachments

• DeadlyEscapade_DEMO2.zip
    58.9 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
This is awesome. After playing it i am now even more excited to see what kind of zombie themed expansion you can cook up for saints row 1 and i hope that it inspires many more in the near future. I do have one minor complaint tho but not too bad. First the zombies in the first mission are wayyyy to OP i think that their damage should be scaled down a bit so as to not be killed in 2 hits. Other than that it's a solid mod and is absolutely phenomenal. Cheers j!f🍻

This is awesome. After playing it i am now even more excited to see what kind of zombie themed expansion you can cook up for saints row 1 and i hope that it inspires many more in the near future. I do have one minor complaint tho but not too bad. First the zombies in the first mission are wayyyy to OP i think that their damage should be scaled down a bit so as to not be killed in 2 hits. Other than that it's a solid mod and is absolutely phenomenal. Cheers j!f🍻

Thank you for your comments. This may be a very controversial design choice, but since the start of making this project I've wanted to make the difficulty similar to something like Demon Souls; very punishing but very rewarding, something that forces the player to learn how the AI works and attack it accordingly, as well as rationing out their inventory.

Thank you for your comments. This may be a very controversial design choice, but since the start of making this project I've wanted to make the difficulty similar to something like Demon Souls; very punishing but very rewarding, something that forces the player to learn how the AI works and attack it accordingly, as well as rationing out their inventory.
ahhh okay that's actually pretty dope. It definitely adds to the survival factor

You were able to modify the character (and not reskin tricks) without the use of .exe? If you know, you know how hard this code is.
I am impressed of your coding skills OP. Good luck with the work, I think you can accomplish this as you seem intelligent. :)

Back