Shiny clothes for the main character

Thanks for the great work, going through the game again only to see the retooled clothes.
Anyway, just a question (apologies in advance if it's been asked already): how do you uninstall the mod? Do I have to delete all created files from SR3's Steam directory? Just want to deselect some clothes, I added them all for a quick test.

I really like this mod.

If you ever consider doing an update, could please include Women's ZIP-Up Jacket and Space Princess Tights.

Thanks for the great work, going through the game again only to see the retooled clothes.
Anyway, just a question (apologies in advance if it's been asked already): how do you uninstall the mod? Do I have to delete all created files from SR3's Steam directory? Just want to deselect some clothes, I added them all for a quick test.

You need to delete all files and rebuild with the options you want. If you don't, the asm files won't update properly and your game will lockup/crash.

I know this is wayyyyyy late in the game here, but I was just starting to mess with ripping into the files with a hex editor to try to make one last item myself (just changing the specular setting). I am however a dummy and very new to using a hex editor.

...some of the files I open in the Hex Editor the text side is readable and I can match it to the hex value on the left column easily. However the important files I wanna mess with come out as jumbled symbols on the text side so I have no idea what the hex side is referring to. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Do I need a dissembler? I am using HxD.

I know this is wayyyyyy late in the game here, but I was just starting to mess with ripping into the files with a hex editor to try to make one last item myself (just changing the specular setting). I am however a dummy and very new to using a hex editor.

...some of the files I open in the Hex Editor the text side is readable and I can match it to the hex value on the left column easily. However the important files I wanna mess with come out as jumbled symbols on the text side so I have no idea what the hex side is referring to. Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Do I need a dissembler? I am using HxD.

No, you don 't need a dissembler for this. A hex editor is enough to change the specular settings, though it took me a few hours of trial & error in the beginning to find out which hexstrings needed to be changed.
To change the specular settings you have to open the clothing 's .ccmesh_pc file with a hex editor. You can see a snapshot, taken from the one of the "tubetop with jacket", below:
1a.png 1b.png

In this file on the text side you 'll notice two times a bunch of gibberish looking like this:
2.png

The number of times this "bunch of gibberish" is present in a .ccmesh_pc file varies from 1 to 4.
In this case you have one for the tubetop and the other for the jacket.
There you 'll be able to change the specular settings on the hex side.
To give let 's say the jacket a leatherlook, I change the hex strings as shown below:
3a.png 3b.png

And to give the jacket a wetlook, I change the hex strings to this:
4a.png 4b.png

The hex strings shown in red are copied from the .ccmesh_pc files of clothing that was already shiny in the vanilla version.
Take note that in some .ccmesh_pc files the "bunch of gibberish" may differ a bit like you can see in the modded one from the "leather biker pants" below:
5a.png 5b.png

But you can always compare the already modded clothes with their vanilla versions.
I hope this helps.

It sort of works, I don't know if this thread is still alive but I need help, I want to change my clothes however when I walk into a clothes shop, I can't see the clothes or my character and when I back out my character is invisible please, please help

It sort of works, I don't know if this thread is still alive but I need help, I want to change my clothes however when I walk into a clothes shop, I can't see the clothes or my character and when I back out my character is invisible please, please help
Do you have this issue with specific clothing, or is it random?
Do you have other mods installed? If you do, can you tell me which one(s)?

Back