something about SR5 which can happen

Originally Johnny Gat did die. They even had a cutscene in mind where you saw him getting stot and stabbed several times, but THQ felt that was to dark. They only brought him back for the fans, making up that Zinyak took him because he's the ultimate bad ass. It felt totally out of place, because Johnny would've been dead several times if it wasn't for the boss. Johnny used to be just a psychotic friend of the boss, and now suddenly the universe fears Johnny? I hate what they did to Johnny. His makeover, his behaviour, his death and deus ex machima revival... I hope they make him normal in SR5 like he was in SR1 and 2.

Originally Johnny Gat did die. They even had a cutscene in mind where you saw him getting stot and stabbed several times, but THQ felt that was to dark. They only brought him back for the fans, making up that Zinyak took him because he's the ultimate bad ass. It felt totally out of place, because Johnny would've been dead several times if it wasn't for the boss. Johnny used to be just a psychotic friend of the boss, and now suddenly the universe fears Johnny? I hate what they did to Johnny. His makeover, his behaviour, his death and deus ex machima revival... I hope they make him normal in SR5 like he was in SR1 and 2.

Scott Phillips did state that Gat wouldn't return. The only thing that actually kept Gat alive was the fan riots demanding for his return. I was one of them too. Of course Gat would've survived. I think if the universe feared Johnny, then that would mean that he IS a badass. The makeover and behaviour of Gat is what progress is. You can't just keep a main character with the same goal to kill everyone. There had got to be a point where change is appointed. I think Gat's personality in Saints Row IV was a natural one, since he spent five or more years trying to save his girl that died fives years before his abduction, only to realize that it was all a nightmare dream that infested his mind with a goal that he couldn't achieve alone. After being forced to fight past Vice Kings and Ronin, he would of course appreciate the idea of murdering someone else instead of fake copies of the dead gangs. I liked Johnny's appearance in SR:TT and SR:IV, because he looked a lot younger. But I do suppose that it doesn't match his personality though. If the next sequel to Saints Row is done with the same style of gameplay as the last two, then Gat will still be like the way he is now.

I'm actually starting to wonder whether or not Gat was the reason for the cancellation of EtD and not making it an actual 'April Fools!' joke. Think about it, he didn't have any roles in that DLC which meant he was originally dead, so THQ thought that if they want their fans to appreciate them more once again, they're gonna have to bring back a legendary badass. Otherwise Dinosaurs are a 'wut?' kind of thought. And they are.

But God, that E3 trailer of Saints Row: The Third broke promises, assuming that Gat would actually live, but didn't... until the next game.

Scott Phillips did state that Gat wouldn't return. The only thing that actually kept Gat alive was the fan riots demanding for his return. I was one of them too. Of course Gat would've survived. I think if the universe feared Johnny, then that would mean that he IS a badass. The makeover and behaviour of Gat is what progress is. You can't just keep a main character with the same goal to kill everyone. There had got to be a point where change is appointed. I think Gat's personality in Saints Row IV was a natural one, since he spent five or more years trying to save his girl that died fives years before his abduction, only to realize that it was all a nightmare dream that infested his mind with a goal that he couldn't achieve alone. After being forced to fight past Vice Kings and Ronin, he would of course appreciate the idea of murdering someone else instead of fake copies of the dead gangs. I liked Johnny's appearance in SR:TT and SR:IV, because he looked a lot younger. But I do suppose that it doesn't match his personality though. If the next sequel to Saints Row is done with the same style of gameplay as the last two, then Gat will still be like the way he is now.

I'm actually starting to wonder whether or not Gat was the reason for the cancellation of EtD and not making it an actual 'April Fools!' joke. Think about it, he didn't have any roles in that DLC which meant he was originally dead, so THQ thought that if they want their fans to appreciate them more once again, they're gonna have to bring back a legendary badass. Otherwise Dinosaurs are a 'wut?' kind of thought. And they are.

But God, that E3 trailer of Saints Row: The Third broke promises, assuming that Gat would actually live, but didn't... until the next game.

Johnny Gat has been the best lieutnant so far, As they make him survive randomly, Like remember the time Jyunichi put the sword in Johnny he survived. Remember his '' ZOMBIE GAT!'' in SR3.

sorry I am little bit new to the forum and that.

That's fine. :)

Some people claim that Jyunichi stabbed Gat through the heart, but it wasn't true. It was somewhere lower and of course Gat can sure that. It wasn't a random choice to bring him back, it was because of the fans. People have shown proof of Daniel Dae Kim (Johnny Gat) saying how thankful he was about about how the fans missed him and he would be honored to be Johnny Gat again. His survival isn't random, it's just Gat being Gat. Zombie Gat is still just a running gag people put in to add as humor for the fans. That isn't the real Johnny, but there is simulated Zombie Gat from Shaundi's nightmare which references that Zombie, which makes me think he is nothing more than an imagination for SR:TT. Even if that was meant to be Johnny in SR:TT, it is no longer possible to believe that. Of course that's all I can assume. ;)

Last edited:
Yes, but Johnny did almost die in SR2 from that stab. That was cool. In SR3, he got stabbed and hardly flinched. And sure, he looks cooler, but the only thing that made him Johnny were his sunglasses. For the rest he was turned into a really standard looking character. Nothing about him was unique anymore. His shitty haircut, his mob-like purple suit, his behaviour... He was turned into Average Joe that came straight out of greece. Johnny never was this buff, slick looking playa. He was a thin, unique looking and dangerous man with a wicked sense of humor.

The same with what they have done to Shaundi. They turned her from a interesting character into a copy of the boss. Boob job, facial reconstruction so she always looks angry and the pissed off attitude. I think SR3 would have been FAR more interesting if Shaundi was still that light-bulb doa dust smoking relaxed girl with a wicked sence of dry humor. Or it would have been cool to actually see her change in SR3 because of Johnny's death, but from the first mission, she was this agressive new girl. And there was no information about her background whatsoever. A datingshow? How did that turn her into a bittered woman?

SR3 was REALLY bad in the sense of story. The only thing that was carried over were the character names, for the rest it was completely different. Story wise. I love the gameplay mechanics. The game plays awesome on PC, looked really good, was one of the most fun open world shooters I have played in a long while.

They really need to decide what way to go in SR5. I can't state this enough. They either stick true to the Saints Row roots, go back to be a gangster game, risk the chance of being called a GTA rip off (which every saints row player know isn't true) and do what they do best. OR continue with the sci-fi and go all out. Either make it a game where all the old SR fans will go party and then new SR fans will be dissapointed at the slow paced game, or make it a game where the new players will go party and the old Saints Row players will go back to SR1 and 2.

Personally, I want the old SR game back, with a beautiful live city where you can just spend hours walking around watching events around you, how cops fight against streakers, or how people join a yoga class, or where you pass a club, go inside and see a huge live interior with dancing, music, a way to buy drugs or drinks and even do some ho'ing minigame. I want it to be slow paced so you walk around the city and look around and enjoy the time the developers put in creating this beautiful diverse city. To buy up property and spend a while customizing it. Fuck those super powers.

Steelport was just boring with the copy/paste static city that has not much diversion in the civilians. But in SR4 that didn't even matter, cos all you do is run, jump, float and fight. Its fast paced, and then a boring city like Steelport works. But if they had put more attention to detail, gave you those super speed/jump powers after 50% of the game, I Would have played it for over 100 hours instead of just 30, and that was playing it slow cos of co-op fun.

Yes, but Johnny did almost die in SR2 from that stab. That was cool. In SR3, he got stabbed and hardly flinched. And sure, he looks cooler, but the only thing that made him Johnny were his sunglasses. For the rest he was turned into a really standard looking character. Nothing about him was unique anymore. His shitty haircut, his mob-like purple suit, his behaviour... He was turned into Average Joe that came straight out of greece. Johnny never was this buff, slick looking playa. He was a thin, unique looking and dangerous man with a wicked sense of humor.

The same with what they have done to Shaundi. They turned her from a interesting character into a copy of the boss. Boob job, facial reconstruction so she always looks angry and the pissed off attitude. I think SR3 would have been FAR more interesting if Shaundi was still that light-bulb doa dust smoking relaxed girl with a wicked sence of dry humor. Or it would have been cool to actually see her change in SR3 because of Johnny's death, but from the first mission, she was this agressive new girl. And there was no information about her background whatsoever. A datingshow? How did that turn her into a bittered woman?

SR3 was REALLY bad in the sense of story. The only thing that was carried over were the character names, for the rest it was completely different. Story wise. I love the gameplay mechanics. The game plays awesome on PC, looked really good, was one of the most fun open world shooters I have played in a long while.

They really need to decide what way to go in SR5. I can't state this enough. They either stick true to the Saints Row roots, go back to be a gangster game, risk the chance of being called a GTA rip off (which every saints row player know isn't true) and do what they do best. OR continue with the sci-fi and go all out. Either make it a game where all the old SR fans will go party and then new SR fans will be dissapointed at the slow paced game, or make it a game where the new players will go party and the old Saints Row players will go back to SR1 and 2.

Personally, I want the old SR game back, with a beautiful live city where you can just spend hours walking around watching events around you, how cops fight against streakers, or how people join a yoga class, or where you pass a club, go inside and see a huge live interior with dancing, music, a way to buy drugs or drinks and even do some ho'ing minigame. I want it to be slow paced so you walk around the city and look around and enjoy the time the developers put in creating this beautiful diverse city. To buy up property and spend a while customizing it. Fuck those super powers.

Steelport was just boring with the copy/paste static city that has not much diversion in the civilians. But in SR4 that didn't even matter, cos all you do is run, jump, float and fight. Its fast paced, and then a boring city like Steelport works. But if they had put more attention to detail, gave you those super speed/jump powers after 50% of the game, I Would have played it for over 100 hours instead of just 30, and that was playing it slow cos of co-op fun.

Now that you do mention it, Johnny did seem to look a bit too different in the last two games. Guess I just thought that they added more style to him. I think I accept it for the way it is because of the improved graphics. I wouldn't think his original white hair and such would fit well with the newer graphics THQ had to offer for the sequel. His glasses were always badass weren't they.

I dunno, I think Shaundi got hotter and her new voice actor has a better voice. The hippie chick theme didn't sit well with me so I wasn't really interested in seeing Saints Row: 2 Shaundi when Saints Row: IV came out. She even looked angry hot too, but I do suppose that her anger was just more annoying to see. My theory is that the popularity and money that came in went to her head and turned her selfish, assuming that it was all for granted. I'd probably love to see Shaundi go back to her old roots as a bulb smoker, but at least keep her altered appearance in. Her show basically did force her to not smoke up, as it was explained in one of her audio logs. I think it's like when some people stop smoking drugs. She was so addicted that she wanted more but couldn't balance it with her show. She became somewhat of a gold digger when it came to the Saints changing into the pop culture icons they're titled as.

Yeah, it didn't really have a story to look forward to. The gameplay was epic, but the story was just divided into small crappy portions that don't do much to set in correctly. It was more freeroam rather than attached with a heavy plot line. Almost reminds me of Crackdown 2... The story doesn't have to be that good, but at least prove that you're willing to try and build a good one.

I doubt you can say stay to the Saints Row roots. This franchise could explore every idea available and it wouldn't alienate the gameplay any further. Now saying that they should make a game that ALL the Saints Row fans would enjoy is like saying for a game like Pokemon to feature gang warfare, it just wouldn't be possible with the advancements released in each sequel, but I do like your thinking. I mean, there wouldn't be many fans like me where I have played Saints Row since the first one and still follow how the series has gone. If you see those fan opinions, you'll notice that. I've only seen like one other person say the same as me out of all the forums and pages of Saints Row.

I would doubt the old game would come back, considering the advancements added, there would be less support given if people love the powers. I really miss the non-territory taking activities that were presented in the original two games myself. I miss all the stuff you could do too, but I think they won't be added in the next game, but it doesn't mean it won't be possible. The issue with the drugs in game is that my country has Saints Row: IV with the "low-violence" version which states that we cannot have the drugs in, even though Saints Row: 2 had the feature added in long before our stupid classification boards decided to turn really fucking stupid. For God sakes the game is allowed to keep the sexual content in our version, but we cannot have the drug missions? WTF? I don't really see the powers being a bad add on. It could be an effect of drugs if another game comes out, but then that would probably make Australia ban it for good.

I liked Steelport, and in some ways it was better and worse than Stilwater. The city had some more realistic points that make it look like a city, like Loren Square for example, but I do suppose that Stilwater did seem a lot better looking, considering how it actually had environment to offer and the unique differences in each spot, like Shivington and Saints Row. Completely two different districts to admire with better or worse textures. The cemetery and more fun places to explore, because of the realistic values they had. There were some things I dislike about the co-op in Saints Row: IV, like the death battle mode. If you used those Uzi sub machine guns with the electric shots, you could take down the opposite opponent by stunning them for a brief moment and repeat. I suppose the powers did seem extreme in the simulation, but I think that would've just made fans more desperate to get through the story to earn them once they played through it once already.

Now that you do mention it, Johnny did seem to look a bit too different in the last two games. Guess I just thought that they added more style to him. I think I accept it for the way it is because of the improved graphics. I wouldn't think his original white hair and such would fit well with the newer graphics THQ had to offer for the sequel. His glasses were always badass weren't they.

I dunno, I think Shaundi got hotter and her new voice actor has a better voice. The hippie chick theme didn't sit well with me so I wasn't really interested in seeing Saints Row: 2 Shaundi when Saints Row: IV came out. She even looked angry hot too, but I do suppose that her anger was just more annoying to see. My theory is that the popularity and money that came in went to her head and turned her selfish, assuming that it was all for granted. I'd probably love to see Shaundi go back to her old roots as a bulb smoker, but at least keep her altered appearance in. Her show basically did force her to not smoke up, as it was explained in one of her audio logs. I think it's like when some people stop smoking drugs. She was so addicted that she wanted more but couldn't balance it with her show. She became somewhat of a gold digger when it came to the Saints changing into the pop culture icons they're titled as.

Yeah, it didn't really have a story to look forward to. The gameplay was epic, but the story was just divided into small crappy portions that don't do much to set in correctly. It was more freeroam rather than attached with a heavy plot line. Almost reminds me of Crackdown 2... The story doesn't have to be that good, but at least prove that you're willing to try and build a good one.

I doubt you can say stay to the Saints Row roots. This franchise could explore every idea available and it wouldn't alienate the gameplay any further. Now saying that they should make a game that ALL the Saints Row fans would enjoy is like saying for a game like Pokemon to feature gang warfare, it just wouldn't be possible with the advancements released in each sequel, but I do like your thinking. I mean, there wouldn't be many fans like me where I have played Saints Row since the first one and still follow how the series has gone. If you see those fan opinions, you'll notice that. I've only seen like one other person say the same as me out of all the forums and pages of Saints Row.

I would doubt the old game would come back, considering the advancements added, there would be less support given if people love the powers. I really miss the non-territory taking activities that were presented in the original two games myself. I miss all the stuff you could do too, but I think they won't be added in the next game, but it doesn't mean it won't be possible. The issue with the drugs in game is that my country has Saints Row: IV with the "low-violence" version which states that we cannot have the drugs in, even though Saints Row: 2 had the feature added in long before our stupid classification boards decided to turn really fucking stupid. For God sakes the game is allowed to keep the sexual content in our version, but we cannot have the drug missions? WTF? I don't really see the powers being a bad add on. It could be an effect of drugs if another game comes out, but then that would probably make Australia ban it for good.

I liked Steelport, and in some ways it was better and worse than Stilwater. The city had some more realistic points that make it look like a city, like Loren Square for example, but I do suppose that Stilwater did seem a lot better looking, considering how it actually had environment to offer and the unique differences in each spot, like Shivington and Saints Row. Completely two different districts to admire with better or worse textures. The cemetery and more fun places to explore, because of the realistic values they had. There were some things I dislike about the co-op in Saints Row: IV, like the death battle mode. If you used those Uzi sub machine guns with the electric shots, you could take down the opposite opponent by stunning them for a brief moment and repeat. I suppose the powers did seem extreme in the simulation, but I think that would've just made fans more desperate to get through the story to earn them once they played through it once already.

What MAY Improve SR5 right below:

New Map: Stallington ( It may sound weird )

New Gun: AKR-92 ( A replica of AK-47 but more changes like the shape ) and more guns

Adding Zombie Uprising back! ( HELL YEAH!!)

New Car: Beggito ( a buggati with different lights )

New Car 2: Stinger ( Dodge Challenger with few changes)

New Car 3: Taxi and Dimno ( Taxi from SR3 and Dimno would be a taxi version of Honda Civic )

New Car 4: Raptor ( It will be a Cadillac Escalade 2010 version )

New DLC: How Saints Saved The World.

Lieutenant takes over Morning Star and now is back in business, Until you reach the 11th mission where you explode their HQ you get rid of morning stars

New Gangs: The Red Rovers, Sterlers, West Brothers,

What MAY Improve SR5 right below:

New Map: Stallington ( It may sound weird )

New Gun: AKR-92 ( A replica of AK-47 but more changes like the shape ) and more guns

Adding Zombie Uprising back! ( HELL YEAH!!)

New Car: Beggito ( a buggati with different lights )

New Car 2: Stinger ( Dodge Challenger with few changes)

New Car 3: Taxi and Dimno ( Taxi from SR3 and Dimno would be a taxi version of Honda Civic )

New Car 4: Raptor ( It will be a Cadillac Escalade 2010 version )

New DLC: How Saints Saved The World.

Lieutenant takes over Morning Star and now is back in business, Until you reach the 11th mission where you explode their HQ you get rid of morning stars

New Gangs: The Red Rovers, Sterlers, West Brothers,

A new map would be better of course.

I'd love to see the design.

Zombies have been overused since Saints Row: 2. Many people have a strong detest against them.

I've have to see the car designs before I could approve of their looks.

I would think someone would have to be an idiot to sell something as crucial like saving the Earth as DLC. It's not worth downloadable content, but a main role for the campaign of the story.

How would the Morningstar (one word) be in the HQ? And what exactly are you referring to? You've lost me and got me intrigued at the same time.

Could be cool for new gangs, but we'd have to see how they would be brought in. Also using them as a part of the story would be a canon breaking issues saving Earth if it was DLC, since you would already know Earth is back. People would probably be like: "Oh, they saved planet Earth, but how did they do it? Did they use the time machine to save it?" Then if the DLC was released, this could possibly be the outcome of that. "What? But that was too obvious to the main story. Why did they take it out? How is it worth branding this (these) mission(s) as DLC? It's pointless."

A new map would be better of course.

I'd love to see the design.

Zombies have been overused since Saints Row: 2. Many people have a strong detest against them.

I've have to see the car designs before I could approve of their looks.

I would think someone would have to be an idiot to sell something as crucial like saving the Earth as DLC. It's not worth downloadable content, but a main role for the campaign of the story.

How would the Morningstar (one word) be in the HQ? And what exactly are you referring to? You've lost me and got me intrigued at the same time.

Could be cool for new gangs, but we'd have to see how they would be brought in. Also using them as a part of the story would be a canon breaking issues saving Earth if it was DLC, since you would already know Earth is back. People would probably be like: "Oh, they saved planet Earth, but how did they do it? Did they use the time machine to save it?" Then if the DLC was released, this could possibly be the outcome of that. "What? But that was too obvious to the main story. Why did they take it out? How is it worth branding this (these) mission(s) as DLC? It's pointless."

Ok the Zombie Uprising can be a new arcade game

DLC would be The Row Pack ( Adds more customization for the gang and saints custom for weapons and more )
DLC 2 would be the STAG vehicles Pack ( Adds a BLACK version of Condor, N-Forcer, F69 VTOL and a Black Specter also an black version of Thor, which is a prototype bike that hovers )

How the gangs came? I can answer that:

in the 1st mission of SR5 is where Saints rob the bank of Stallington and get their convoy which is the Mule truck. Well then the Syndicate which is no more, Only had Morningstar left and the 3 gangs thought of getting rid of the morningstars so, After saints buy a new Saints HQ hoping gangs wont attack meet at the HQ but morning stars were drifting everywhere, Morningstars, West Brothers, all them had their own helicopters everywhere shooting eachother. BUT! Ultor came back and a man called David McBeth takes over Ultor after David Vogel and Ultor get their Bear, Swat vans, Vulture, Tornado, Five-O ( ford crown vic ), and block the roads. And something SIMILAR to the mission where STAG Party ( Mission in SR3 where STAG raids the saints HQ but in a different way )

Back