Sound wont work after removing mod

I downloaded Shitface's weapon mod that adds onto the Permanent Temp Weapons mod but later removed each of the individual components. I definitely screwed that up because now SR3 doesnt have sound anymore. I have tried verifying the integrity of the game cache and deleting local content and then reinstalling (both through Steam) but the problem is that I still end up with the game not really changing. I still have all the files I've ever downloaded from mods, indicating that the game didn't really get "reset". I've gone back into the game to make sure and yes, the sound is still gone. The THQ intro music works but as soon as I reach the main menu sound is disabled. Going into audio and raising the volumes doesn't do anything; the sound doesn't come back and as soon as a I leave and re-enter the audio settings the audio is all back down to 0 on its own. Basically I think that I have no choice but to bring the game back to when it was installed. How do I manage to do this, or in general how can I fix my problem? Perhaps I can fix the audio problem without having to bring the game back to a fresh install?

Right click on the Speaker Icon in the taskbar and choose Recording Devices.
Switch to the Communications Tab.
Change the Radio Button option for Muting the sound to "Do Nothing"
Push Ok.

Try again.

Unfortunately that was not the answer. What's weird is that in the audio options all the sliders are down to 0 (ingame). The problem is that sliding them up affects nothing and when I come back to the audio options after going to a different part of the menu, the sliders are all back to 0.

Try deleting all files in your SRTT folder (leave the subfolders!) and verify integrity again. This will only redownload ~100Mb and is a sure fire way to make sure you actually got rid of any mods that were still there in the root that might be causing an issue.

Try deleting all files in your SRTT folder (leave the subfolders!) and verify integrity again. This will only redownload ~100Mb and is a sure fire way to make sure you actually got rid of any mods that were still there in the root that might be causing an issue.
Before reading this I read another post you made where you said to delete all str2_pc, asm_pc, lua, and xbtl files. I went ahead and did that and have yet to see that work (currently verifying, not done yet). If that doesn't work and I should really delete everything, then does that include all files in the subfolders while not deleting the subfolders themselves?

Problem solved, doing what you said in that other comment worked. Thanks!

Last edited:
Back