SPOILERS SR4 Mod Request Compliation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Idols review he mentioned it should be possible with a fair amount of ease to rig SR4 to not allow SuperPowers or Wardens.

THis is a preliminary wish having not played the game yet, but after seeing various play videos and reviews today:

I'd love to see a mod that can in game flip off and on at players discretion access to earned super powers. IF superpowers are needed because
forced to need them due to various mission requirements, one could re-enable them.while playing. (same for the Wardens 'issue')
Hoping that will be possible whilst not messing up save games.

About the only super power I would want for my imagined SR4 game play is perhaps the ability to scale walls to gain roof access or jump there,
and a good solid right hand fist that is much more deadly than typical melee. HOpefully of adjustable intensity for those that don't want one shot
punch outs and head splashes.

Course all this could be totally moot if there is no way to re-enable old type gang and police faction battles as with SR3. I'm still a bit fuzzy on that
with this new SR4 'simulation'.

I wonder when we will see SR4 Mod related subforums here? Just before release or at some point after official game release?
Not rushing, just wondering.

In Idols review he mentioned it should be possible with a fair amount of ease to rig SR4 to not allow SuperPowers or Wardens.

THis is a preliminary wish having not played the game yet, but after seeing various play videos and reviews today:

I'd love to see a mod that can in game flip off and on at players discretion access to earned super powers. IF superpowers are needed because
forced to need them due to various mission requirements, one could re-enable them.while playing. (same for the Wardens 'issue')
Hoping that will be possible whilst not messing up save games.

About the only super power I would want for my imagined SR4 game play is perhaps the ability to scale walls to gain roof access or jump there,
and a good solid right hand fist that is much more deadly than typical melee. HOpefully of adjustable intensity for those that don't want one shot
punch outs and head splashes.

Course all this could be totally moot if there is no way to re-enable old type gang and police faction battles as with SR3. I'm still a bit fuzzy on that
with this new SR4 'simulation'.

I wonder when we will see SR4 Mod related subforums here? Just before release or at some point after official game release?
Not rushing, just wondering.
I second that mod request XD (mainly about the punching and the super speed) because if I punch someone id rather seem the fly backwards infinitely from a punch rather than their face exploding on impact. Also with the running id like to just be able to run up next to someone rather then run past them then have to run back then miss again then run for him again... so yea seems like a great idea if it would be possible.

I should have been more properly descriptive of my wishes on melee punches.
I like rag doll physics, a lot.. . but...
What I should have said, I'd like to have the ability to have more powerful (player adjustable) melee punching
skill that is not so powerful it is guaranteed one shot kill. Actually I'm not so much a fan of punching resulting in the NPC
being blasted off 100 plus feet away. I do like the result of the kill left near by!
Of course if it is player adjustable punching intensity, one could go from weak sauce to that one shot kill level of punchiness.

Circumventing Australian law is not something we would allow on this site.
I've mentioned this in another thread, but perhaps this is a better place for it. I would like to see a mod that reinstates the parts of Shaundi's mission that do not relate to "Alien Narcotics" (and thus are not contrary to the law of any Australian state) or, if that is technically infeasible, at least enabling the reward from the mission at a plot appropriate point - perhaps with a placeholder quest or the like to allow the player to delay gaining the bonus at their discretion.

Depending on the complexity of the tools, I may make such a mod myself - though my modding experience is limited to (im)balance patches mostly...

As far as request go, I suppose I'm asking for an alternate way of achieving or receiving the rewards for completing the Shaundi loyalty mission that is compatible with the AU version (ie does not involve the mission itself).

Last edited:
I've mentioned this in another thread, but perhaps this is a better place for it. I would like to see a mod that reinstates the parts of Shaundi's mission that do not relate to "Alien Narcotics" (and thus are not contrary to the law of any Australian state) or, if that is technically infeasible, at least enabling the reward from the mission at a plot appropriate point - perhaps with a placeholder quest or the like to allow the player to delay gaining the bonus at their discretion.

Depending on the complexity of the tools, I may make such a mod myself - though my modding experience is limited to (im)balance patches mostly...

As far as request go, I suppose I'm asking for an alternate way of achieving or receiving the rewards for completing the Shaundi loyalty mission that is compatible with the AU version (ie does not involve the mission itself).

It's still a gray area, and we won't allow it on the site. If you are determined to play the mission then you need to purchase something other than the AU release.

It's still a gray area, and we won't allow it on the site. If you are determined to play the mission then you need to purchase something other than the AU release.
Sorry, I should have been more clear. Consider a mod that includes none of the Shaundi loyalty mission content (which was removed in the AU version), but provides an alternate way to receive the rewards/upgrades that a ROW player would get for completing that content (which are utterly unobjectionable in and of themselves - when not related to drugs or sex - according to the ACB guidelines). Would this mod be allowable?

[Edit]; For example, assume that the Kinzie and Shaundi loyalty missions occur at the same point in the main plot. I have no idea if this is the case or not, but let's go with it for the sake of this example. Would you allow a mod that took the rewards for completing the Shaundi mission and gave them to anyone that completed the Kinzie mission (without completing the Shaundi mission)?
This would allow Aussie players to receive the same bonuses for completing all loyalty missions as ROW players, and would not involve distributing RC content (or allowing any Aussie to possess RC content - including those in states where possession is legal).

As a side note, thank you for providing such a brilliant resource for SR modders. GotR and GoS have made SR2 and SRTT much more enjoyable, and I look forward to seeing what you do with SRIV (assuming can get it to work). I get the feeling I'll get banned from here soon (trying to get any mods working with the AU version is going to be a tightrope act), so I'd just like to pass on my thanks. You guys are awesome.

Last edited:
Sorry, I should have been more clear. Consider a mod that includes none of the Shaundi loyalty mission content (which was removed in the AU version), but provides an alternate way to receive the rewards/upgrades that a ROW player would get for completing that content (which are utterly unobjectionable in and of themselves - when not related to drugs or sex - according to the ACB guidelines). Would this mod be allowable?

There aren't any.

There aren't any.
Ok, sorry, I've been working from pre-release news. Are you saying that there are no rewards for completing the content (in an ROW version) that was cut from the AU version? If so, that's great.

If not, consider any other situation in which the rewards (but not the objectionable content) could be tied to another mission by a mod. Would this be acceptable?

Last edited:
maybe make your own secret areas in steelport? add malls, interiors, new shops and such? maybe even a graveyard (i always wonder where steelportites bury their dead)

I should have been more properly descriptive of my wishes on melee punches.
I like rag doll physics, a lot.. . but...
What I should have said, I'd like to have the ability to have more powerful (player adjustable) melee punching
skill that is not so powerful it is guaranteed one shot kill. Actually I'm not so much a fan of punching resulting in the NPC
being blasted off 100 plus feet away. I do like the result of the kill left near by!
Of course if it is player adjustable punching intensity, one could go from weak sauce to that one shot kill level of punchiness.
aren't those superpowered punches that take the place of the nut shots and not just normal punches? idk just asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back