Steelport Flashback Movie Festival

Couldn't make the Buckaroo Banzai poster work vertically so I went with a horizontal one. You don't even want to know the hell I went through cleaning up the poster source creases and having to cleanup and make transparent a low res logo from another source. It was ugly.

UuyAQgW.png

EDIT:
List updated with current status here:
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/...lport-80s-90s-movie-festival.2266/#post-17641

As requested here are the images converted into PNG files from the originals. Also I've had a go at Terminator 2 and got carried away with They Live. The first is a bit busy but I quite like it, and the other two are more traditional.

TL1.png TL2.png TL3.png T2.png

Attachments

• Film Posters.7z
    2 MB · Views: 452
How about this for Smokey and the Bandit
smokey.png

okay that's me done for the day, time for sleep.

One does not simply miss out Batman. I made this out of multiple sources, some may predate the 80s or 90s but who the cares, IT'S BLOODY BATMAN.

EDIT: Sorry if it looks a little bit...well, solid, if you know what I mean. Quite a lot of it is black and I couldn't think of much else to do to the poster. And Idol, if you can think of something I could do to pimp it up or if you want to do something to it yourself (well, anyone for that matter, just add credit and repost), go ahead :D

8DO7bfQ.png

What do you think about The Army of Darkness from the horizontal to fill that last vertical slot. Also to replace the Horizontal how about The Evil Dead 2.
army.png
EvilDead.png

Now, Definitely sleep.

I dunno if this was mentioned in the list, but I've done Aliens Resurrection for you (BECAUSE I AM NICE LIKE THAT) in vertical. Rather simple but nice looking. If you want, I could do you the poster with the 2 actor's faces on in horizontal or vertical.
xfMSEke.png

I've done Aliens Resurrection for you (BECAUSE I AM NICE LIKE THAT) in vertical.

I always assumed that a fan of Alien Resurrection might possibly exist, but I never thought I would actually get a chance to meet them.

I do quite like the idea of the Batman one. I'm all for using darkness in that manner, but the logo itself (both the symbol and title) looks like they came from a low-res source and don't really pop. The words more so than the bat symbol.

I've had a go at Terminator 2 and got carried away with They Live. The first is a bit busy but I quite like it, and the other two are more traditional.

I quite like the more traditional version of They Live since it's so iconic. I adore the vertical Army of Darkness one and the Smokey one as well. We didn't actually need a replacement horizontal one, so it's probably best to give another movie part of the spotlight instead of having two ED ones (despite my eternal undying love for ED2.)

Current status:

Horizontal finished:
Big Trouble in Little China - DONE JediDave
Buckaroo Banzai - DONE IdolNinja
Cobra - DONE JediDave
Commando - DONE JediDave
Die Hard - DONE JediDave
Escape from New York - DONE JediDave
Smokey and the Bandit - DONE JediDave
T2 - DONE JediDave
They Live - DONE JediDave
Tremors - DONE JediDave

Horizontal ones I'm working one today
Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
Flash Gordon
Ghostbusters
Rocky
The Last Starfighter
The Rocky Horror Picture Show

Horizontal ones up for grabs
48 Hours
Aliens
Fletch
Gremlins
Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior
Predator
A Clockwork Orange
Lethal Weapon
Fifth Element

Karate Kid - DONE IdolNinja
Back to the Future - DONE IdolNinja
Star Wars - DONE IdolNinja
Blade Runner - DONE IdolNinja
Robocop - DONE JediDave
Return of the Living Dead - DONE JediDave
Tron - DONE JediDave
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - DONE IdolNinja
Army of Darkness DONE JediDave
Scarface - DONE IdolNinja
Jaws - DONE IdolNinja
Top Gun - DONE IdolNinja

There's also the possibility of the Batman horizontal one if Flaxix can clean it up a bit. It would have to bump one out though, if so. Maybe 48 hours.

I decided I WOULDN'T brush the old one up - I instead put a different logo on instead. And I did 2 more, from the 1966 Batman. Obviously predates 80s+90s A LOT but there's not much difference.

YnGcgCi.png

vM50NTp.png

7a9sYbH.png

Some of it might look a bit dodgy, but hopefully ONE of them will be alright.
Also Idol, have you decided on using my Resurrection poster?

YET ANOTHER EDIT: Well fuck, I AM OBLIGED TO DO DAT' ALIENS POSTER

I decided I WOULDN'T brush the old one up - I instead put a different logo on instead. And I did 2 more, from the 1966 Batman. Obviously predates 80s+90s A LOT but there's not much difference.

Some of it might look a bit dodgy, but hopefully ONE of them will be alright.
Also Idol, have you decided on using my Resurrection poster?

Sorry, man. Alien Resurrection was a stinker. The only thing it succeeded in doing well was making Alien 3 look not half bad comparatively. :p

I do like the 60s Batman billboards, but it doesn't actually fit into the theme of the mod which is 80s/90s. Also, using the old school style batman logo on the Keaton movie poster just looks odd.

You may want to consider branching out and doing your own billboard replacement project. The EtD package linked in the OP actually makes all that extremely easy once you're comfortable with using the texture extraction/repack tools. I'd even be willing to help you with them in group chat if you need.

Back