This whole SR4 vs. GTA V thing is getting out of hand

I believe Volition turn it to over the top silliness is to avoid people keep comparing it with GTA or calling it a GTA clone. Saints Row started out as a GTA clone and now it is more like a class of its own, mainly you cant get funny weapons and ridiculous jokes in GTA.

Well, if you look at the classic GTA3 series (GTA3, GTA:VC, and GTA:SA) there was some good of amount of silliness. Sometimes even the eccentric situations that the protagonists get into surprise the protagonists themselves.

Well, if you look at the classic GTA3 series (GTA3, GTA:VC, and GTA:SA) there was some good of amount of silliness. Sometimes even the eccentric situations that the protagonists get into surprise the protagonists themselves.
Like when Tommy Mcgtavicycity said:
"CALL ME MARTHA"

The level of silliness in the older GTA is bit like SR2 (I only play GTA VC, never got a chance to try others), not 100% ridiculous like what we are getting in SR4.

The level of silliness in the older GTA is bit like SR2 (I only play GTA VC, never got a chance to try others), not 100% ridiculous like what we are getting in SR4.
It's not a 100% Silliness. It's a high level, I'd give that, but far from 100%.
Like when Tommy Mcgtavicycity said:
"CALL ME MARTHA"
I was thinking more in GTA:SA, where CJ gets himself involved in weird CIA and government issues, and he's like "What the heck?" and "Oh crap!" and generally being wondering why he's doing what he's doing.

Now...Wich one to buy? GTA:V or SR:IV?? The Two Looks Promissing for me GTA V looks 97% Promissing but SRIV will be cooler

I prefer Saints Row IV because you cant find funny weapons like Abduction Gun or Dubstep Gun in GTA or any other games.

Isn't comparing Grand Theft Auto and Saints Row more like comparing apples and oranges these days?

That is what every other person in this thread has said. I, like most everybody here, am pumped for both. It was easy to compare the first two Saints Row titles to GTA SA and IV respectively, as the two series kinda worked off of each other for (or, "borrowing") different gameplay features and themes. But, where GTA kinda worked from dark parodies of Americana and pop culture to much more subtle caricatures and ultra-realism, Saints Row has worked from mildly satirized realism with cartoony features to blunt humor with a more over-the-top action movie kind of feel. Both are open world shooters, sure, but so are a handful of titles released over the past 7 years. The fact of the matter is that you cannot compare GTA V and SR IV as easily as you could GTA SA and SR 1. Why there are these fanboy arguments over one killing the other is just asinine, since most people do have different expectations for both. If you like both, just like both and leave it to that. If you favor one over the other, same thing, just leave it to that. Either way, I just know that I'll be using a pickup truck as a make-shift bulldozer on the sidewalks of both Simulation 31's Steelport and Los Santo, San Andreas when the opportunities are given to me.

Either way, I just know that I'll be using a pickup truck as a make-shift bulldozer on the sidewalks of both Simulation 31's Steelport and Los Santo, San Andreas when the opportunities are given to me.

Speaking of, I can't wait until we have vehicle tools. I miss the bulldozers from SR/SR2. :(

I agree. I'm pretty excited for both games for different reasons. I expect the tone of GTA V to be more of a serious, interactive-movie 'experience' (like that masterpiece of a game that is Max Payne 3) and the tone of SRIV to be just simply more ridiculous and fun. There's plenty of room in my swiss-cheese brain for both!

Back