Juiced Patch

Added new option ([Gameplay] > FastDoors = 0-1)
Skips the open/kick animation for opening doors. This is off by default.
Nice! Works like a charm!

Added new option ([Gameplay] > FOVMultiplier = < 1.000000 > )
Changes the game/cutscene FOV, this can also be changed in-game by pressing either F8 or F9. (Thanks Clippy95)
I love it! Decreasing the FOV flips the camera like in my April Fools mod. This is very fun to mess with!

It even works in Player Creation menus!
One of my pet peeves is how the FOV in Character Creators doesn't always match up with the focal length the camera used to take the reference photos, making it harder to achieve an accurate likeness. Now with Juiced Patch, I can fix it on the fly!

It's worth remembering that the width of the FOV affects how much can be rendered on-screen at once.
EG: A wide FOV = Less traffic on screen, A low FOV = More traffic on screen.

One issue I've encountered is while driving, if your FOV is too low, you lose steering radius.

I haven't had the FOV in any Cutscenes change. But the Gameplay FOV can still be changed while watching a Cutscene, and the effects will be seen once it has finished.

I was wondering; Would it be possible to freeze the Slew camera, like how the Detached camera worked? So you would set up the Slew cam how you want, then freeze it's position so you can run around and do stuff?

I haven't had the FOV in any Cutscenes change. But the Gameplay FOV can still be changed while watching a Cutscene, and the effects will be seen once it has finished.
Yeah it's intentional it's only really meant for ultrawide as it was vert- previously I can have it get effected but I don't think it's really desired for 16:9
cutscene_32x9.jpg

Yeah it's intentional it's only really meant for ultrawide as it was vert- previously
Ah, I see. Thanks for clarifying.
I can have it get effected but I don't think it's really desired for 16:9
It would be interesting for people like me (who enjoy breaking the game) if it were toggleable for 16:9. You wouldn't want it on by default though.

Just to add to the turning radius issue, I've played with a very low FOV before and did not encounter the issue.

One thing I noticed though is that with a high FPS, well into the 100-200 FPS range, is that when trying to do tags, you have to move the mouse super fast or else you won't move the cursor at all, making it really hard to tag things. Also seems to make using the weapon wheel really finicky at high FPS as well.

Last edited:
One thing I noticed though is that with a high FPS, well into the 100-200 FPS range, is that when trying to do tags, you have to move the mouse super fast or else you won't move the cursor at all, making it really hard to tag things. Also seems to make using the weapon wheel really finicky at high FPS as well.
I have an idea to make it be actually Raw Input, it was never good before and had weird acceleration

I have an idea to make it be actually Raw Input, it was never good before and had weird acceleration
That it did, but apparently it's FPS based acceleration, because trying to do tags at 200+ FPS is nearly impossible lol. I saw the video you @ me with in Discord and it looks pretty good! We're finally getting this game to the point it should've been released in!

Also found that the ho-ing diversion is really hard to do as well at high framerates due to this (I think).

Last edited:
i dont know if its this mod or something else but ummm whenever some cars are on the road this happen

*edit i dont know it still occurs

Attachments

• SR2_pc 2024-08-20 13-51-47-49.jpg
    SR2_pc 2024-08-20 13-51-47-49.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Back