Am I the only one actually looking forward to this?

Alright, the voice acting and writing are fantastic, (I also happened to find the dialogue of the cut homies from SR4, which I'm a bit miffed about).
Saints Row has shaped up since SR2, and the optimisation is great honestly, scalable and runs perfectly on my machine. The artistic flair of the series is quite pretty, the simulation looked fantastic, and I remember when I was obsessed with 3 and just loved the lights at night. With the next gen, the technical grunt volition can work with has increased ten fold, so I hope their artistic ability can be put to use (I can go on about draw distances, anti aliasing, textures, moving grass...)

The controls work really well, and are tight and responsive on all platforms. The whole debate about resolution and fps didn't matter as 1080p and 60 fps were easily achieved. And a huge amount of enemies and vehicles can be on screen at once, which is fantastic, and can show scale.

So, this expansion, looks really fun, and it has all the good stuff, plus, I just want to explore this new city, a new landscape is refreshing. I suppose the console switch means it had to be standalone, so it didn't expand the core game like imagined in an expansion.

New customisation, fixed clipping, refined visuals, all the new content able to be accessed from the core game and walking back and forth once you complete the expansions story. I wished for an end game ability to play as the boss in the new city. But, I can understand the limitations of everything, and what Volition were trying to make.

This isn't exactly an expansion more so than a standalone experience using the assets. So much like Blood Dragon or First Light.

Okay, critique for a franchise you enjoy is good, I hope not to be overly negative. I want this now that I'm to terms with what it is.

I had the best times in my life playing GTA: San Andreas, after that i searched for another games who would gave me fun like i had with San Andreas, since the other GTA games weren't so good for me. it was around 2008-2009, i was at a comic-book/magazines store searching for some good gaming magazine to read, that was when ive found one, there was an topic on it about a game called "Saints Row 2", i bought that magazine, reading the review and admiring the screenshots, i was totally amused by what i read and saw, 5 years later i got my hands on a game called "Saints Row: The Third", at the time i didn't even remembered about "Saints Row 2", i loved both games, but i prefered much more the style of Saints row 2, i don't care about GOOH, of course i'm going to play it so i can get an decent review of it, but i really hope the next SR games follow the line of style that Saints Row 2 used to.

Back