Dark Rain (weather mod)

Maybe you can do "permanent rain" version?
30 minutes is too long.

The problem with permanent rain is when you enter the Zin mothership it will be raining, I'm trying to find a fix for this. The heavy rain version generally only takes five to ten minutes to start raining and is more frequent

Oh man, the NPC animations are perfect - exactly what I've been missing since SR3. Is there any chance to make the rain... well, look like actual rain? I suppose it'll affect the warden fights as well but I'd like it regardless.

This is some thing that I'll experiment with, but like you said it will most likely effect the warden fire rain.

I think it would look kinda cool for the rain to be literally dark, like, a really dark blue or even dark purple. Like, almost black, it'd be one hell of a moodsetter, though the red is growing on me.

I like your idea and will look into it, this will most likely effect the warden fire rain though.

Last edited:
Will it still be red when you have the Noir ToD on? Because that would be sick.

In the download archive there's a Heavy Rain version inside the optional files folder, this will guarantee rain within five to ten minutes, and will rain more frequently.

Thanks for the reply. Thing is I tried that already. Played for an hour. No rain at all. Maybe I'm doing something wrong lol. All I've done is place the weather file in my root folder for saints row IV. And replaced the animation file with yours in the other folder. But nothing seems to occur at all rain wise.

There's nothing you need to do to enable it, it should automatically start on its own.

What other mods are you using? Anything that effects weather or TOD? Maybe try without any other mods to see if that will work.

Sadly still nothing even after removing every mod I have except yours. I did try start a new game, and at the intro where the lady talks, there was rain failling. But in the real world with the first mission, no rain either.

Tried a save from the internet, still nothing. Im completely out of ideas lol. Quite sad really. I was sooo looking forward to having weather :p

Back