Gentlemen of Steelport Compilation

Yes, it's a legal copy. My problem isn't with the game, it's with the compiler for the mod. I followed the read-me instructions (fairly straightforward.) It only crashes when I try to create the "patch" for the game.

So I did as suggested. Downloaded and installed the framework. Looked promising at first, got farther, or so I thought. Froze at the same spot, than crashed. Still not able to finish the compiler to actually try this out. Might just have to give it up.

The installer for this is a Batch File.
If you are so inclined, you may try looking through the file and running the commands manually in a CMD window so you can tell exactly what command is being run that is crashing, and possibly what the exact error is.

The first crash happens after the billboard_etd section.
Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Gibbed.SaintsRow3.FileFormats, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. at Gibbed.SaintsRow3.UpdateASM.Program.Main<String[] args>

Than I get another crash after the interface section with the same thing. And it keeps happening after every section after that.
Make sense to anyone else. Aside from I don't have the right GoS file?

The first crash happens after the billboard_etd section.
Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Gibbed.SaintsRow3.FileFormats, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. at Gibbed.SaintsRow3.UpdateASM.Program.Main<String[] args>

Than I get another crash after the interface section with the same thing. And it keeps happening after every section after that.
Make sense to anyone else. Aside from I don't have the right GoS file?

If it's saying that it can't find the file then it sounds like you didn't extract it correctly. Make sure you are using either 7zip or winrar to extract the archive.

I only ever use Winrar. Is there a different place to dl the file from than from the page that is given in this thread?

No, it's only hosted on my site. Also, try 7zip and see if that fixes your issue.

Hi, i have a problem with the program :

First i have the latest net framework (4.5), a legal copy of srtt (i login here with my steam account), and i have a windows 7 64 bit os. I tried to unpack the archive with 7zip and winrar and i downloaded the archive a few times.

For the mode C :If i try to run without admin right the tool won't open (i get i application error 0xc0000135), with admin right the bat can't find the optional folder.
For the mode A : no matter the choice of mod i make the bat will copy all the mod file (core and optional) to the custom sr3 mods folder.

If i put the admin right to the tool in the compatibility tab of property the msg of application disappear but the result stays the same.

(sorry for the eventual bad grammar i'm french i hope you'll understand my message :))

Hi, i have a problem with the program :

First i have the latest net framework (4.5), a legal copy of srtt (i login here with my steam account), and i have a windows 7 64 bit os. I tried to unpack the archive with 7zip and winrar and i downloaded the archive a few times.

For the mode C :If i try to run without admin right the tool won't open (i get i application error 0xc0000135), with admin right the bat can't find the optional folder.
For the mode A : no matter the choice of mod i make the bat will copy all the mod file (core and optional) to the custom sr3 mods folder.

If i put the admin right to the tool in the compatibility tab of property the msg of application disappear but the result stays the same.

(sorry for the eventual bad grammar i'm french i hope you'll understand my message :))

Sounds like you have some Windows issues outside the scope of what I can help you with.

Back