Saints Row IV Latest Steam patch for SRIV breaks weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
For everyone affraid to play, just play it and don't save over your old savegame. You should be fine. So co-op, play, whatever. Just don't save over your good savedata. As for auto save, nothing can be done about that, except backup all your savedata before you go play it. I'm not 100% sure where to find the data, though.

Somewhere in \steam\userdata\[some number]\206420 I think. That is the only map created when I played SR IV for the first time the 23'rd. Backup those files, then play. Then, when the fix is released and your savedata doesn't restore itself, replace the backed up files and you are good to go. Probably.

Edit: Yup, those are the correct files. I tested it by removing them and starting the game. It didn't find my savedata. So just backup the files in that map and nothing will happen to your saves! :D

(Unless if your computer crashes and your hard disk won't work anymore, then you are royally fucked. There is still the Steam Cloud, but if you played with the corrupted patch, Steam saved the corrupted savedata to the cloud. But who would be that unlucky?)

Last edited:
Or just play another game.

I'm re-playing Telltale's Walking Dead since I found out the 400 Days expansion actually plays off of choices made when playing as Lee, and I can't manage to get the paper rock scissors achievement. It's the last damn achievement I need to unlock but it looks like it's just random and there's no trick to winning

if I managed to pause the patch mid-download, am I safe to keep playing? Hopefully this will be resolved before I actually have time to play tonight, though.

if I managed to pause the patch mid-download, am I safe to keep playing? Hopefully this will be resolved before I actually have time to play tonight, though.
You are safe, Steam downloads updates to a different directory now and doesn't directly overwrite game data until the download is complete.

theres a funny side effect though. whenever i jump, the cars shoot out the boundaries XD

but its still annoying

Yeah, I got that too. xD Was actually pretty amusing. I wonder if these bugs still aplly with a new game.

Edit: Fuck damn it... Now I can't start the game at all... Steam is also messing up something. -.-'
Edit edit: restarting Steam did the trick for that... Just found out I got the Plungergun. Hilarious.

Last edited:
Yeah, I got that too. xD Was actually pretty amusing. I wonder if these bugs still aplly with a new game.

Edit: Fuck damn it... Now I can't start the game at all... Steam is also messing up something. -.-'
that happened to my friend, but he tried again and it worked

I got a response from Randall. He's letting the producer know. More info as it becomes available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back