Saints Row IV Latest Steam patch issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about this, but now the new patch is on, I started a new game and it's crashed on "THE ESCAPE" mission about 4 times now. And the male animations thing was back.
Could someone tell me exactly how to tell if I have the update or not? Did I do something wrong?

Do you have any mods installed? Sounds like it might be a problem with an outdated stream_gird.asm_pc file. Try removing all mods that reference this (don't forget to also remove the accompanying str2_pc files!)

I verified the integrity of my local data, restarted steam, and I'm still freezing up on "The Escape" shortly after the aliens who stand at the top of the stairs complaining about "The missus".

EDIT: The only mod I have installed for SRIV is the one you linked earlier to bring back the customisation options of the Penetrator... :(

EDIT 2: I deleted that mod from earlier and it's worked. I'm at the What is Love part now. Thanks that worked.

Last edited by a moderator:
I verified the integrity of my local data, restarted steam, and I'm still freezing up on "The Escape" shortly after the aliens who stand at the top of the stairs complaining about "The missus".

EDIT: The only mod I have installed for SRIV is the one you linked earlier to bring back the customisation options of the Penetrator... :(

EDIT 2: I deleted that mod from earlier and it's worked. I'm at the What is Love part now. Thanks that worked.
My mod for fixing the penetrator breaks The Escape?

Not to sound mean or accusing but when I deleted that mod, the only mod I have for SR:IV... it's worked for me now. But she's got Male Animations again, walking all buff'n'stuff. :(

EDIT: It always crashed in the same place, leading me to think it was a bug as opposed to my machine but that too could be what we're looking at. My game runs 3 and 4 in ULTRA with a few frame drops here and there, it's not brilliant.

Not to sound mean or accusing but when I deleted that mod, the only mod I have for SR:IV... it's worked for me now. But she's got Male Animations again, walking all buff'n'stuff. :(
Save and Reload and it should fix the female -> male animations.

Oh crap, I forgot.
I noticed that all the times it was crashing, my Alien Rifle was purple I had customised it before the mission... when I removed the mod it was white/alien themed again. Could that have been the problem?
Sorry to make guesses, I'm not really a modder myself.

I tried this with a couple of different weapons, and they both correctly retained their upgrades. Was it a specific weapon that didn't? Are you 100% certain that you actually saved your game and/or loaded the correct save file?

And this is why I didn't continue playing after I learnt of the bugs. :) My old savegames appeared fully intact. I had to re-upgrade a few weapons, but that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back