NPC Behaviour and Spawn Mod

i just got Saints Save Xmas and was gonna quickly play it so i could try this mod. but what all does this mod disable with the DLC? no Santa CLAWS homie? is it just Xmas homies? thanks

ME said:
Currently not compatible with the Saints Save Christmas DLC missions. You must uninstall the mod prior to playing them. Removal is not necessary to play the Naughty and Nice and Holiday M.O.M activities.

DLC homies (minus the ones from EtD) currently do not work, due to limited space for character entries.

lol. yeah i read that before. maybe we're misunderstanding each other. from reading that, i realized i could not play xmas while having this mod installed, but by the same token, i thought i could play xmas FIRST, then install this mod. does that not work? because i finished xmas, and now have NPC installed, and all is going well, except it ctds if i try to call a xmas homie, but i expected that from what i read.
or will just simply having those homies in my phone menu cause problems eventually?

Last edited:
lol. yeah i read that before. maybe we're misunderstanding each other. from reading that, i realized i couldn't not play xmas while having this mod installed, but by the same token, i thought i could play xmas FIRST, then install this mod. does that not work? because i finished xmas, and now have NPC installed, and all is going well, except it ctds if i try to call a xmas homie, but i expected that from what i read.
or will just simply having those homies in my phone menu cause problems eventually?
You won't be able to call any of the Saints Save Christmas DLC homies (it will CTD) with this mod installed. You should be able to call the vanilla game homies and the Enter the Dominatrix DLC homies just fine. It shouldn't cause problems eventually.

The weather and skybox were gimped even further from SR3, as a result there are only two types of "rain" in this mod: heavy and light, which shows up as normal and warden rain, respectively. As Volition reworked the normal rain effect into the warden rain effect for SR4, rain effects will always look like the warden rain. You can only have "normal" looking rain show up by giving that weather stage the greatest rain density- but it's still a little difficult to see at certain times of day, especially when running around at full speed.

The weather.xtbl file in this mod also removes the post-game weather entry, because having it enabled causes the Sandbox+ enabled times of day to switch back when entering an alien controlled zone. Some people might not like these changes, which is why I included them as optional files.
i have Dark Rain installed now but i'll try the "rain" file from this. but think i wanna keep the vanilla postgame weather so won't use that file. but what do the other files in "Optional" folder do? there's a "district" file and "skybox". should i use these?

and is the Time Of Day feature still very abrupt like it was in SRTT? thanks

i have Dark Rain installed now but i'll try the "rain" file from this. but think i wanna keep the vanilla postgame weather so won't use that file. but what do the other files in "Optional" folder do? there's a "district" file and "skybox". should i use these?

and is the Time Of Day feature still very abrupt like it was in SRTT? thanks

There is no automatic time of day changing in this mod, that was a feature of Sandbox+. The modified Default_District.xtbl in this mod enables cloud movement, and skybox_effects doesn't do anything (I think).

thank you much! i've gotten everything just about working perfectly, but there's one mod i'd like to add but it definitely is conflicting w/ this. it's the nude Fun Shaundi mod. there's instructions for some merges on the 1st page of that mod, and i've done them and triple checked w/ Notepad++ and Winmerge. i did everything it states. but it appears that the conflict is w/ the "character.xtbl" file from NPC mod. and there's no instructions on what to change or merge w/ this file. charxbtl isn't even mentioned so not sure what to do. funshaundi doesn't even appear when i call, if charxbtl is installed.
any ideas on what i can do to get them working? i feel like i'm sooo close to being done lol

thank you much! i've gotten everything just about working perfectly, but there's one mod i'd like to add but it definitely is conflicting w/ this. it's the nude Fun Shaundi mod. there's instructions for some merges on the 1st page of that mod, and i've done them and triple checked w/ Notepad++ and Winmerge. i did everything it states. but it appears that the conflict is w/ the "character.xtbl" file from NPC mod. and there's no instructions on what to change or merge w/ this file. charxbtl isn't even mentioned so not sure what to do. funshaundi doesn't even appear when i call, if charxbtl is installed.
any ideas on what i can do to get them working? i feel like i'm sooo close to being done lol

Open up character.xtbl, search for this line:

<Character><Name>saints_female_shaundisr2</Name><_Editor><Category>Entries:Saints_and_Allies</Category></_Editor><Character>saints_female_shaundisr2</Character><Filters><Gender>Female</Gender></Filters><Spawn_Info_Rank>Homie - Shaundi</Spawn_Info_Rank><Team>Playas</Team><AI_Personality>gang normal</AI_Personality><MetaGame><Value>0</Value></MetaGame><Flags><Flag>use_knees_and_elbows</Flag><Flag>use_bone_constraints</Flag><Flag>use_gang_color_scheme</Flag><Flag>no_ambient_spawning</Flag><Flag>ungrabbable</Flag></Flags><Color_Palette>NPC_Palette</Color_Palette><StreamCategory>Non Ambiently Spawnable</StreamCategory><Firearm_Damage_Multiplier>2</Firearm_Damage_Multiplier><Persona_Override>Shaundi_SR2</Persona_Override><Cash><Dollar><Min>1</Min><Max>20</Max></Dollar></Cash><Headshot_Multiplier>1.0</Headshot_Multiplier></Character>

Now, replace <Character>saints_female_shaundisr2</Character> with <Character>saints_female_shaundinude</Character>, and you're good to go. Then you can pull down your pants.

Open up character.xtbl, search for this line:

Now, replace <Character>saints_female_shaundisr2</Character> with <Character>saints_female_shaundinude</Character>, and you're good to go. Then you can pull down your pants.
thanks much, but still crashing. i've changed the container and definition files like Troublemaker instructs. changed the character.xtbl just like you instruct. it's just the 2nd "shaundisr2" that's changed right? not the 1st too.
i ran minimaul's asm tool. go back to older save. whatever i do i crash
edit: actually i i had forgotten a spawn info file. adding that, i no longer crash but when i call her, she doesn't materialize

Last edited:
thanks much, but still crashing. i've changed the container and definition files like Troublemaker instructs. changed the character.xtbl just like you instruct. it's just the 2nd "shaundisr2" that's changed right? not the 1st too.
i ran minimaul's asm tool. go back to older save. whatever i do i crash
edit: actually i i had forgotten a spawn info file. adding that, i no longer crash but when i call her, she doesn't materialize

Open up homies.xtbl and find the "oldshaundi" entry, make sure the character being spawned is saints_female_shaundisr2, not saints_female_shaundinude.

Open up homies.xtbl and find the "oldshaundi" entry, make sure the character being spawned is saints_female_shaundisr2, not saints_female_shaundinude.
thnx i'll try that. but right now i have it working ok, by changing the first "<Character><Name>saints_female_shaundisr2</Name>" in the character.xtbl to shaundinude, as well as the 2nd one. so now she shows up
does the way i have it now, have any benefit over this last way you tell me to change "homies"? if 1 way is better than the other then i'll go that route. as of now tho, it appears to be working once i changed the 1st shaundisr2 in character

Back