SPOILERS [REDACTED] is back

just made a topic about this because i didn't seem to find another topic regarding johnny gat. because i couldn't find his name in any topic title. silly me. my bad idolninja. i'm the 3rd one who makes this mistake.

XDDD maybe its cuz something this big is something for all the fans to be hyped up about. so were all making the same mistake. XDDD
anyway.... i think since eveyone was pissed about gats death they decided to revive him. (how? i dunno. i think he may be a perfect clone, with all his memories and personality)

You can see multiple people now i thought benjamin was just a simulation but he isn't and niether is gat :) so that means all of the theories about him alive were right c:

XDDD maybe its cuz something this big is something for all the fans to be hyped up about. so were all making the same mistake. XDDD
anyway.... i think since eveyone was pissed about gats death they decided to revive him. (how? i dunno. i think he may be a perfect clone, with all his memories and personality)

ye i'm indeed hyped about this game. but perhaps gat isn't being revived. you forgot one thing. johnny gat might still be dead. as most of the SR:IV setting is set in a virtual world. and johnny gat might just be programmed into the virtual world. a thing you can compare this with is the matrix from the matrix movies. that's why my SR:IV character will obviously be the Neo character i created for saints row the third ready to be ported to SR:IV. Neo gained super powers in the matrix. so does the president gain super powers in virtual steelport.

If you look closely at the trailer, you can see that Gat is indeed in the real world.

ye i'm indeed hyped about this game. but perhaps gat isn't being revived. you forgot one thing. johnny gat might still be dead. as most of the SR:IV setting is set in a virtual world. and johnny gat might just be programmed into the virtual world. a thing you can compare this with is the matrix from the matrix movies. that's why my SR:IV character will obviously be the Neo character i created for saints row the third ready to be ported to SR:IV. Neo gained super powers in the matrix. so does the president gain super powers in virtual steelport.

which trailer and at what minute/second ;D

which trailer and at what minute/second ;D

not what im being told... the trailer even shows both "gat" and the protagonist OUTSIDE the simulation... im thinking gat is a perfect clone but not of alien origin. after all... what would the aliens want with the dangerous no 2 of the saints?

Just throwing in my two cents here, I think they're going to retcon Gat's death in IV like this:

1.) Gat didn't actually get killed in the plane debacle (as we only heard the radio systems get shot out). The Zynyak abducts the plane with Johnny in it (remember, you never actually find either the plane or Gat's body in The Third, and there were hints suggesting there was never actually a crash to begin with through out the game). Loren was just spurting smoke out his ass about killing Gat to try to intimidate you (he's the Saints Row version of Doctor Evil, of course intimidation through bullshit is in his nature). You shooting through the front of the plane and crashing through it without seeing Gat? He could've been fighting off some of the MorningStar goons in another compartment of the plane, they were able break into the cockpit after all. Zombie Gat? Either, a.) Another clone from Loren to show "proof" of killing Johnny, and someone with voodoo power, likely someone from Eye for an Eye, resurrected the clone's body. (For those wanting to dispute this with The Trouble with Clones campaign, remember Loren probably hired a group of top genetics to create clones of Oleg, the procedure itself, and probably got some of the world's best equipment and computing technology money could buy to do so. At best Jimmy probably could imitate the technology and procedure using much cheaper alternatives, and probably based the cloning technique from how it was done with Oleg, but doesn't have Loren's resources, thus accidentally creating the brute "Tag".) Or b.) Loren probably had one of his goons go to Image as Designed to look like Gat and then killed him, again for "proof", as we already know the miracles those plastic surgeons can perform.

2.) If Johnny WAS originally killed at the beginning of The Third, and Johnny in IV is indeed a clone, either it could be a.) Jimmy, Kinzie or one of the other intelligent Saints (or, Saints fans) might've used some Zynyak cloning tech to clone Johnny. Think about it, how the fuck do they have so many soldiers that look so alike? Just switch out the master sample with one from Gat, and voila! The killing machine is back. Or b.) As this is a good point:
im thinking gat is a perfect clone but not of alien origin.
The Saints could just build upon the tech Loren used, and use that to try to bring Johnny back as a government initiative after the Protagonist gets elected, or at least something along those lines.

Just a couple of theories.

It doesn't really make much sense if you think about it, but I think your first theory is closer to the truth than anything. I think Johnny didn't die on that plane, got captured by Loren, and Loren hid him away in a prison somewhere. Loren bluffs that he's killed Johnny, intends to use Johnny in a master plan to intimidate the Saints, but the plan is prematurely destroyed when Loren dies early, and Johnny's location is lost. Eventually, by the beginning of Saints 4, he is abducted by the Zin and imprisoned again, and they use him to get knowledge of the Saints as the Saints are quickly becoming one of the most dangerous organizations on the planet. When the Boss is fighting off the Zin in the real world during Saints 4, that's when he finds Johnny alive and well. Imprisonment is the only thing I can think of where Johnny wouldn't have contacted the Saints. Well, either that or he went into an Alderman Hughes style coma, but considering Loren aimed to kill Gat I doubt he would have kept him on life support, or been able to keep him on life support that long past his death =P

One could argue that Zombie Gat was just an easter egg and non-canon. In Saints 1 and 2, or at least 1, you could hire Zombie Lin as soon as she died by calling the number....if I recall correctly, Carlos operated the same way. But Zombie Gat you only get after completing the end of the game.

I find it easier to believe that Gat never died in the first place rather than Gat was cloned by the aliens and installed in the simulation, when they don't seem to need the real people to install a copy of them in the simulation, or that one of the saints decided to clone Gat, that clone ended up imprisoned on the alien ship, and the Boss didn't know about it.

I find it easier to believe that Gat never died in the first place rather than Gat was cloned by the aliens and installed in the simulation, when they don't seem to need the real people to install a copy of them in the simulation, or that one of the saints decided to clone Gat, that clone ended up imprisoned on the alien ship, and the Boss didn't know about it.

I never said the Zynyak would clone Gat, I said:
If Johnny WAS originally killed at the beginning of The Third, and Johnny in IV is indeed a clone...it could be Jimmy...Kinzie or one of the other intelligent Saints (or, Saints fans) might've used some Zynyak cloning tech to clone Johnny.

I think if Gat IS a clone, I believe one of the saints would hijack the alien technology, and use it to clone Gat. I wouldn't put it past the Zynyak to have an army of clone soldiers, and the Saints being who they are would steal the cloning technology for their own purposes.

I'm gonna stick to my 'SR3 was a sim' thing. It's why the alien invasion billboards suddenly appeared in Steelport. Why do the others who were characters you only met in the sim stay with you? Because they're people you met. They're not simulated, probably, Kinzie and Oleg and Viola (and even Zimos, if you stand him) are there in the sim too.

I have one interesting thing though... in the trailer, Johnny picks up his glasses from a dead alien and puts them on. Why does the alien have the glasses? Real ones too? He has no clothes, so if it was cloning, why clone the glasses? (Obvious answer is 'it looks cool, and Gat needs his shades') Maybe he was in 'stasis' when dead, and one alien taunting him and taking off the glasses made him weak up and kill them all. Who knows though, it's speculation past what little we've seen.

Back