Retexturing Saints Row IV, For Dummies

ok ive followed this guide and its works great but i cant get the transparency to work. can some one explain what i need to change in the texture files?
I try use transparency too. With some items (like bras) it's works. With anothers - not works.
I'm confused.

Typically, Alpha (Transparency) needs to be enabled in the Model.
Some of these models may not have it enabled.
If that's the case, then you'll need to wait for the SDK to add Alpha to these items.

A simple recoloring of the Zero Saint Thirty outfit, I left out some buckles, padding and straps to keep the tactical look and added a texture for the soles, which are otherwise smooth.
bm8t.jpg

Again, thanks to Konrann for the tutorial and to Bring The Noise for pointing me to right files :)

If that's the case, then you'll need to wait for the SDK to add Alpha to these items.
Oh. Now i understand.
Thanks.

yes thank you cause in my case, im trying to play with the maiden corset and the transparency should be in there but it doesnt work. if you look at the texture it shows that there should be transparency in the cuffs near the hands but in the game it doesnt happen. so i think it originally was an error to begin with.

yes thank you cause in my case, im trying to play with the maiden corset and the transparency should be in there but it doesnt work. if you look at the texture it shows that there should be transparency in the cuffs near the hands but in the game it doesnt happen. so i think it originally was an error to begin with.
Typically, that setting is an On/Off toggle.

If you're feeling brave, you could try hex-editing the model file and try changing some values to see if you can re-enable it.

Typically, that setting is an On/Off toggle.

If you're feeling brave, you could try hex-editing the model file and try changing some values to see if you can re-enable it.

is there a guide to that ? i dotn mind trying and maybe we can start to be able play with other clothing items where transparency doesnt work also

Not really a guide, no, since every game engine will store and access the model files in different ways.

You pretty much just need to use trial and error.

*shrug* I think there are some other threads on the forum that have that answer somewhere, but I, personally, do not know it.

Back