Saints Row 4 Announce Teaser

Hopefully unlocking "And I Ran..." achievement will grand you a pastel-colored suit, bright yellow Porsche 911 and "Dangerous bastards" as a ringtone.

Hopefully unlocking "And I Ran..." achievement will grand you a pastel-colored suit, bright yellow Porsche 911 and "Dangerous bastards" as a ringtone.

Or a flock of seagulls hair style. :D

Faith in Saints Row franchise: DESTROYED. Seriously, after Saints Row 2 I only thought it couldn't get better, instead, after Saints Row 2, the franchise has gone downhill. For example: Saints Row 4's setting is still that-boring -as-fuck- "city" Steelport, realy? Not even expanded, like Stillwater in Saints Row 2? Fuck this, not gonna buy this piece of crap for sure.

<_-overly-_big_text>

One: Look at the rules for forum posts:
Basic posting & common sense said:
DO NOT use colored fonts, small fonts, large fonts, or non-standard fonts in your posts. Doing so does not make you a Unique Internet Snowflake™; rather it just annoys everyone and makes your posts difficult to read. This rule does not apply if you are simply using colors/fonts to highlight specific code or filenames to make a complicated post more readable.

Two: Steelport is expanded in height, not in length or width.

Actually I still have hope in the Saints Row franchise and I still look forward to the badass mech suit, the telekinesis, and the weapon that inflates people's heads. :D

People are welcome to express their opinion, positive or negative, as long as they respect other members of the forum. I do agree that the oversized fonts are a problem though and totally fucking annoying. 1nstance, don't do that again.

Everybody his own opinion, sure, not trying to go against that, but this looks like there's only been an eye to the negative things without considering some of the good things you get instead.
Maybe the red part was a bit exaggerated...

Allright, sorry for the big text. Just getting friggin anoyed by the fact how f'd up the series is. I can't name any positive thing about Saints Row 3.5.

Also, what's the point of Steelport being extended in height? It has zero use. Only for skydiving, but if I wanna skydive I just play JC 2, not Saints Row.

What about screwing around the zin with a mech suit? They aren't at the ground.

Voice pitch changing.
Weapon customization (+ coloring).
Gameplay for getting even real estate, instead of just the need to buy it.
Monster truck.
In some of the others' simulations you are even going to fight against past Saints Row gangs.
Because of that you also get to roll with Gat again probably (at least, I would be shocked if he .doesn't appear in any simulation).
Telekinesis, just to name a few.

But that's all in my opinion, so, what would you exactly like to see ingame?

I would be satisfied enough if they would remake SR 2 with HD graphics, improved physics and controls. That would allready be better than SR "4".

And those improvement are little things, they don't realy add that much to the game. Gangster storyline and theme like in SR 1 and 2 would be greay, much more enterable buildings like SR 2 would be great, layered clothing like SR 1 and 2 would be great, lively NPC's like in SR 2 would be great, activities like Fuzz, Fight Club and Crowd Control like in SR 2 would be great and crib customisation like, again, in SR 2, would be great.
I think it's not hard to point out SR 2 is one of my favorite games.

Also, I just don't like the setting of you being a fkn president and the celebrity theme. That ain't no gangsta! Dayum!

Actually, if you look deeper into the games, this was somewhat expectable, I mean:
Saints Row 1 was the true real serious gangsta theme,
Saints Row 2 was mostly gangsta with some... modern/post-modern things added (look to the Row (ultortopia) for example),
Saints Row The Third was more corporate and modern (hipster-ish), and somewhat futuristic themed,
Saints Row IV goes even further and instead of owning the world through TV and such you own the world as the president of the USA.
I must admit, it escalated pretty quickly between SR 2 and SRTT.

So, if Volition ever makes a Saints Row V, I wonder if they go outerspace and become real Gangstas in Space. :p
I miss the gangsta theme too (especially the cars), for a bit. But going back to the SR2 physics/animations, nah, not going to be it...

Back