Sandbox+ for SRTT

Thats like one of the more expensive DLCs :( lol (I'm one of those cheapskates who didn't buy the game until the humble bundle a couple of days ago, lol)

In any case, thank you for your quick response.

u
Well, yes. That's the whole purpose of the command that toggles whether the hosts commands also work for the coop player when used. He's talking about the ability for the client to use the shortcut commands as well.
Ok, my mistake. I will just suppose then that client can't use the commands unless they have the mod too. But when playing coop, sr3_city.lua on the host is used for both players, right? So even the client should be able to use commands but might not see the result before the host does.

Thats like one of the more expensive DLCs :( lol (I'm one of those cheapskates who didn't buy the game until the humble bundle a couple of days ago, lol)

In any case, thank you for your quick response.

The winter sale is just around the corner. You should be able to get it super cheap. In the meantime, the rest of the commands should work just fine.

u
Ok, my mistake. I will just suppose then that client can't use the commands unless they have the mod too. But when playing coop, sr3_city.lua on the host is used for both players, right? So even the client should be able to use commands but might not see the result before the host does.

You're incorrect. The client can't use any commands at all, even with the mod installed. Only the host can trigger them. The client never processes sr3_city.lua when they join a game. All the info on the city and everything simply comes from the host.

EDIT: Find me a script that loads for the client and the host that starts on world load, and I'll gladly port it over to that one instead.

no no no, i understand that the information come from tbe host. the scripts are processed on the host side. but what i meant is that maybe there is a way to make the client ask for commands as if it were asking to begin missions or activities.

So I went ahead and bought the trouble with clones DLC anyway, and whenever I try to use a hadouken my game crashes. Not sure if I did anything wrong...

So it crashes when you use CTRL+INSERT? Does the rest of the stuff work okay like the super speed and the gibbed punching with the word ballons? Have you tried playing the actual mission itself?

So it crashes when you use CTRL+INSERT? Does the rest of the stuff work okay like the super speed and the gibbed punching with the word ballons? Have you tried playing the actual mission itself?
I purchased the game yesterday and only have 6 hours logged so which mission do you mean? The superspeed and punches with word balloons works fine (as does the teleports, at least the few that I tried, and drunk/drugged stages), so its just the hadouken thats broken...

I would suggest verifying integrity on Steam and then reinstalling the mod as a first troubleshooting step.

EDIT:
Also, dumb question, but are you absolutely certain that you bought it? Can you confirm that you have the first TwC mission available in your phone with Jimmy Torbitson's icon?

I re installed the mod and it still doesn't work. Its the mission at smiling jacks diner right? Should I play that mission first and then see if it works?

Edit: so I played the first 2 missions from the clone series and hadouken is still broken :(

oh one more point that might be worth bringing up, I'm running Directx9 because Directx11 doesn't work for me (for some reason), could this explain why the mod doesn't work?

Back