Season pass now on Steam

I just read this whole thread with a big smile on my face.

You guys are awesome. I mean that. It's nice that there's a beacon of common sense amongst the deafening cries of gimme-gamer minority.

Yes, I understand a lot of the complaints with DLC, particularly on-disc DLC... this is an unfortunate consequence of the big budget mentality of a lot of the multi-studio franchise-empire-building companies that are primarily concerned with turning your dollars into their dollars. I don't want to name any names, but there's a few names in particular that won't be getting any more of my dollars.

Luckily I work for a company that has enough ideas to fill a disc and doesn't demand additional compensation for its content. A company that doesn't even start work on DLC until the mainline game is locked down and strapped in.

You guys are awesome.

While my experience of games with Volition is limited to just SRTT, I do have a bit more experience in game approach with Deep Silver, and I know that Deep Silver is generally much more inclined to allow community created content to be added to their games. I'm pretty sure Volition is of the same mind set, looking at how it was possible before to mod games (albeit tedious/limited), and I would like to believe that with Deep Silver you've found yourself a good one in getting games out there that are both fun on their own, but can also be expanded upon by the community.

Deep Silver, in this respect, is one of the two names I most respect.

So far, I think buying SR TT (even though it was on a Steam knock-off sale) was one of the most enjoyable purchases I've made in the last year, because it introduced me to another franchise that actually makes me laugh, rather just makes 'boredom distractions' that only last a few days, I'm convinced SRIV will be one of those exceptional games that 'll hit the 1000 hours mark, because that's what modding allows you to do, to just keep adding content and keep the game alive. And if the modding catches on, it'll keep drawing new people to the game.

I personally think this is why games like Skyrim are so successful on the PC and it would make me smile to see Volition and Deep Silver giving Bethesda a run for its money on being a modders heaven.

So I would also like to thank YOU and the rest of Volition for giving your love to the PC community, lord knows we've been given the cold shoulder for quite some time by so many others.

=====

And to Nightfire: Deep Silver is actually more likely to allow *Dev's Choice* free DLC packages, comprising mods and stuff made by the community.
I know another franchise they govern that is allowed to do this as well. And with the attention Volition is giving us here, I think they also want to do stuff like this.

I can't talk details, but this has actually come up in our private Volition chat when discussing our future plans.

Also, quite a few Volition guys talked about Steam workshop support on the SRTT livestream today. I thought we were supposed to keep that under our hats too, but I guess they were too excited not to spill the beans. ;)
Steam workshop, yes! I can only speak for myself and I don't mean to start a flamewar but I find that statement meaning much more than no-matter-how-fancy-advertised GTA Online. That's how you treat PC community :)

(...)Luckily I work for a company that has enough ideas to fill a disc and doesn't demand additional compensation for its content. A company that doesn't even start work on DLC until the mainline game is locked down and strapped in.

You guys are awesome.
I guess that statement sums up everything perfectly.

meh... hate Europe delayed game release.... season pass will be avaible for 3 days earlier than game itself....

I love the idea but I'm pretty sure we're all aware of a certain console that looks in disgust at the word FREE (*cough* the maker of its on my shit list *cough*)

Yeah, Little Limp (MS) killed the free game addons that used to be regular to pc games from companies like Valve.
I remember when Valve wanted to release free maps for Left for Dead 1, and Little Limp gave them 10 kinds of hell.
We don't do that on Live. We charge our customers for multi-player ability across consoles. If you don't pay for our service (which offers not a damn thing), then you can not play online with others on our console.

One of the lovely reason's my 360 hasn't been turned on in over a month, and hasn't seen alot of use in the last year.

Consoles hurt the gaming community enough by locking hardware in for 5 to 7 years. Then someone comes up with the brilliant idea to charge for online use. Uh I pay my ISP for online service, so F you very much Little Limp.

Oh how I wish Google would drop a fully optimized gaming enabled x86-64 Linux OS onto the market and get Valve and Ubisoft to back them.
Then I could say good bye to Little Limp all together....

Believe it or not, Gamestop does actually still sell PC games.
You could just as easily go there and pre-order a boxed-copy of the game and get all the Gamestop bonuses.

That's what I would have done, except when I was preordering my copies (One for me, one for my buddy) the Gamestop website had no indication of the Iron Rogue costume set being available for PC. It was showing on the pages for consoles, though. This was also before the Presidential Pack was announced, so I just decided that I'd rather take a guaranteed five dollars off and hope the preorder bonuses make their way to PC somehow rather than spend the full fifty and hope that I even get the bonuses that consoles get, not to mention having to worry if my TF2 weapon skins were going to be available then as well. It was Gamestop's ambiguity that lost them a customer, I fear.

I just read this whole thread with a big smile on my face.

You guys are awesome. I mean that. It's nice that there's a beacon of common sense amongst the deafening cries of gimme-gamer minority.

Yes, I understand a lot of the complaints with DLC, particularly on-disc DLC... this is an unfortunate consequence of the big budget mentality of a lot of the multi-studio franchise-empire-building companies that are primarily concerned with turning your dollars into their dollars. I don't want to name any names, but there's a few names in particular that won't be getting any more of my dollars.

Luckily I work for a company that has enough ideas to fill a disc and doesn't demand additional compensation for its content. A company that doesn't even start work on DLC until the mainline game is locked down and strapped in.

You guys are awesome.

Hey, glad to hear, just don't think this gives y'all a free pass to pull another SRTT in my book! I don't mind buying some DLCs and I'm definitely not going to balk at the idea of getting more content for a game series that I enjoy...just don't overdo it like last time =P But seriously though, glad to see we made your day :)

pre-loaded sr4 and getting the seasons pass tonight. ill be allllll ready for launch day!!! >:3

And that's the Season Pass preordered too. I was starting to worry. ;)

Not sure I want to get the Season Pass just cause there is stuff sometimes that I don't want to automatically get. Like that Bloodsucker Pack for SR3.....I'd have definitely not wanted that added to my game...cause lets face it it was kinda bad.

Not sure I want to get the Season Pass just cause there is stuff sometimes that I don't want to automatically get. Like that Bloodsucker Pack for SR3.....I'd have definitely not wanted that added to my game...cause lets face it it was kinda bad.

That's why we're getting it for PC, so mods can turn the crummy stuff back off! :D

Pretty uniformly positive reviews have got me super stoked for the game, even more than I already was. Throw in what this mod community will be able to add in the years to come...so, yeah, Season Pass: check!

I think you're probably safe. Keep in mind that Volition left out both the Bloodsucker pack and the Unlockable pack from the SRTT full package based on negative fan feedback. I don't think they would actually force something like that again as part of any package.

Back