Shitface's Weapon Re-Balance Mod

Well i even increased the damage of the as3 in the weapons.xtbl to even more than that of the other 2 shotguns and still no one hit kill.

I can somewhat vouch for iDEBz95.
I've noticed on my friend's copy that the Gravedigger has zero pellet spread when fired almost always resulting in NPC insta-kills before the clump of pellets disappear. Don't know how the Bling SG behaves as he doesn't have the DLC needed for it but I'd assume it's the same as it's practically the same gun.

I've found the issue to be something in the weapons.xtbl and I don't know how to fix it

I can somewhat vouch for iDEBz95.
I've noticed on my friend's copy that the Gravedigger has zero pellet spread when fired almost always resulting in NPC insta-kills before the clump of pellets disappear. Don't know how the Bling SG behaves as he doesn't have the DLC needed for it but I'd assume it's the same as it's practically the same gun.

I've found the issue to be something in the weapons.xtbl and I don't know how to fix it

Maybe your friend may have changed the weapon type to that of a pistol, SMG, or a rifle. IIRC, said weapon types don't support the spread that a shotgun is supposed to have, so it gives no pellet spread and instant kills.

Maybe your friend may have changed the weapon type to that of a pistol, SMG, or a rifle. IIRC, said weapon types don't support the spread that a shotgun is supposed to have, so it gives no pellet spread and instant kills.

He did have an altered wep.xtbl but we also tested it with the "vanilla" xbtl from the mod and got the same results.

While writing this I decided to take a look at the vanilla xbtl and saw that it was classed as a pistol and changed it back to shotgun.
I can't test this myself as I don't have a copy of the game at hand so one of you guys'll have to check it out.

I also saw it was categorized as "WPNCAT_PISTOL". Don't know what that means

Edit: The Bling shotgun has the same things going on too, being classed as a pistol.

Just checked my Vanilla weapon.xtbl and all of the shotguns are classified as shotguns, so your "Vanilla" file is anything but.

You may want to unpack the original from Misc_Tables so you can get a baseline.

Just checked my Vanilla weapon.xtbl and all of the shotguns are classified as shotguns, so your "Vanilla" file is anything but.

Are you sure? You may have gotten confused. What I meant by "vanilla" is the mods as provided in the OP as my friends was edited from the original.

I just copied this from the weapons.xtbl in the OP:

<Weapon>
<Name>Shotgun-Gang</Name>
<Weapon_Class>pistol</Weapon_Class>
<Trigger_Type>single</Trigger_Type>

and further down:

<Category>WPNCAT_PISTOL</Category>

Edit: ninja'd somewhat

Okay, I just put up 2.7 which changes the class of some shotguns back from pistol. Unfortunately this means that they can no longer be used while driving. Deal with it. I also had to reduce the number of RC gun upgrades to 3 instead of 4 so I could add some more lines to the grave digger upgrades.

Could you make them really really inaccurate SMGs and still accomplish the goal?
Modifying the spread, rate of fire and ammo per shot may work..

Back