Shitface's Weapon Re-Balance Mod

Sadly, I myself enjoy crushing cars in my skidding tireless cement mixer ;)

I much prefer pointing the car at a truck I see coming and bailing out of it with my unsuspecting co-op partner in the passenger seat....Good times. The crushing trucks have got me quite a few times but the level of douchebaggery I can display to my friends more than makes up for it =P

I just noticed something crazy: C4 bomb now spawn like Genki's present box; is that intentional? I think it's some sort of side effect.

great mod. but shitface can you sue the new all weapons in free roam so we can have the right sounds for the gangsters in space weapons?

I just noticed something crazy: C4 bomb now spawn like Genki's present box; is that intentional? I think it's some sort of side effect.

That's intentional. Switch back to the level 3 satchel if you don't like that model. Both levels 3 and 4 have the same stats. Also I've posted a new update that merges this mod with the latest version of BMS's DLC weapons mod.

Quick question, have you playtested the new version of the mods in any story missions? Me and my buddy have been playing co-op recently and we have been using your Shitface Showcase as well as Gentlemen of Steelport. We recently updated our NPC and weapons mods to your latest versions, as I saw the updates had cool stuff. It was going fine in activities and open world gameplay, but then we decided to continue the story and we both crashed (He CTDed, I got a neverending black screen)

I tried in SP, so did he. Same thing happened. I even tried different missions using the mission replay from GoS, black screen after the mission cutscenes. I think it might be an undiscovered problem with the new DLC weapons in freeroam mod, because I downgraded the mods back to the Shitface Showcase versions (Thankfully you hadn't updated that pack yet) and now my missions work fine. I just wanted to let you know, although I should probably make a post in BMS's thread as well since I believe that's the problematic area.

Yessir, we were on the mission A Remote Chance. It asked us to go to the Broken Shillelagh, and when we arrived the cutscene played that told us we needed to destroy Killbane's reputation. After the cutscene, no loading screen pops up. Friend says his game crashed. Didn't give details. My game just stayed on a black screen and didn't load anything, so I had to CTRL-ALT-DEL it. We were each able to replicate this in single player on our own systems. I also independently tested it again using a different mission (Used the Mission Replay feature from GoS) to see if the issue happened with just A Remote Chance. I don't remember the exact name of that one, but it was one of the Kinzie/Decker missions. After I arrived at Smiling Jacks and the cutscene played, I got another black screen and had to CAD again.

At that time I had Shitface Showcase installed, with the NPC mod updated to v64 and the weapons mod updated to the latest version that's posted here. After I downloaded your Shitface Showcase again (It's version 23, I noticed that you keep that updated less frequently than your separate mods) and installed that the missions loaded past the cutscenes and after I had him downgrade we were able to continue on as normal. We had an older version of the weapons mod initially though, because the one in your Showcase compilation has the Nocturne level 3 upgrade as well as the four Murderbrawl melee weapons available to purchase, but none of the DLC weapons (He owns the DLC, I don't, he couldn't buy the laser weapons from GiS) and our initial versions did not have the level 3 sword or the melee weapons.

Yeah, it looks like the latest version of BMS' mod is causing that mission to crash after the cutscene. Maybe it's related to memory limit issues? I'm going to re-upload the previous version for now, which will let you play through that mission without crashing. When switching back, make sure to remove:

-all the bnk_pc files
- anim_files.xtbl, vfx.xtbl, audio_banks.xtbl (don't forget to re-install the sandbox+ version)
-preload_effects.vpp_pc (I hope you had a backup)

Thanks dude, I already successfully downgraded and everything seems to be working just fine now (Although my friend seems to be getting a weird issue wearing the STAG Elite armor where his head is missing, but he also has more DLC than me so I can't troubleshoot it on my end, plus he said that's been happening for a while now so I can't even pinpoint a cause)

I only had to replace the new files with the old on my end. I don't use Sandbox+. I did try deleting the four .bnk_pc files because those seemed to be the only ones that were new between the two versions I had, but then my game was completely silent and when I tried to trigger a mission not even the phone call dialogue would play. No subtitles or anything, it was like I triggered nothing. I put those files back and everything was smooth sailing from there. Very weird...but I didn't want to verify my cache and have to reinstall GoS and everything else, haha. Thanks for the prompt responses too man, much appreciated

I'm well aware of that mission load-crash bug - yes, it seems to be connected to memory limits and it occurs when items_3d.xtbl doesn't have all of its properties set to the right, magic values. However, AWIFR beta 1 loads missions right - except for DLC3 cutscenes - or at least does it on my PC. I tested the hell out of it on my rig before the release and I tested it few moments ago once again - everything works fine.

However, the Re-balance v. 3.4.7. seems to be using items_3d.xtbl that doesn't exactly match the file provided by my mod in some crucial properties, like streaming categories. That's probably why missions don't feel like kick-starting.

I managed to load shitface's Weapon Re-balance mod 3.4.7 properly by overwriting items_3d.xtbl coming from Re-balance package with the file coming from AWIFR.

Would you guys mind checking if that swap of file does the job for you as well?

Back