Shitface's Weapon Re-Balance Mod

Okay, I've uploaded another update which just makes the laser guns buyable right away. I'm leaving out the Behemoth sword still, because it looks stupid and modifying its behaviour may cause problems in the deckers.die mission.

Man, what?

As I said before:
Behemoth is still present but in the wrong section, you can find it in the explosive's one with grenades.
so I just compared xtbl files from shitface and BadMadScientist mods and I found out that the only difference between codes was in weapon.xtbl: I just reverted Avatar sword's code back to BMS's one. Now Behemoth works like a charm :)
modifying its behaviour may cause problems in the deckers.die mission.
I have replayed Deckers.die mission and it seems to work properly.

Here's the modified file if someone is interested in.

Attachments

• weapons.xtbl
    605.4 KB · Views: 417
As I said before:

so I just compared xtbl files from shitface and BadMadScientist mods and I found out that the only difference between codes was in weapon.xtbl: I just reverted Avatar sword's code back to BMS's one. Now Behemoth works like a charm :)

I have replayed Deckers.die mission and it seems to work properly.

Here's the modified file if someone is interested in.

Yeah, you can equip it but the animations still don't work with the player character so it's pretty useless. You could change the animation set and make it function like a bat, but that would probably cause problems in the mission.

DeVladimir, which version of SR3 are you running?

Yeah, you can equip it but the animations still don't work with the player character so it's pretty useless. You could change the animation set and make it function like a bat, but that would probably cause problems in the mission.
It's pretty what I've done, and I would say: better than nothing ;)
I have also replayed that mission and it was working like it's supposed to do.

Ofc mine is just a basic edit, nothing to do with your mod's skill: I obviously hope you can find a better solution :)

Just like others have said, player can wield Avatar's sword in free roam - and use it as expected - if you apply melee animation to it (I've done it AWIF, check out the weapons.xtbl). As for Deckers.die mission, I was expecting this mission to bug-out as well but it actually stayed fully beatable! The only feature it's missing is the breath of flame attack (the one you perforemed by pressing Q).

Just like others have said, player can wield Avatar's sword in free roam - and use it as expected - if you apply melee animation to it (I've done it AWIF, check out the weapons.xtbl). As for Deckers.die mission, I was expecting this mission to bug-out as well but it actually stayed fully beatable! The only feature it's missing is the breath of flame attack (the one you perforemed by pressing Q).
I don't wanna be repetitive, but it's exactly what I've done in the file I've attached few post ago: change the code for Avatar sword to the one of BMS's mod.
Now the sword works properly in and out mission; the mission isn't broken in any way and is working exactly as I expected (breath of fire attack miss his animation but makes damage, so I'll consider it just a little side effect instead a real bug, I think miss an animation and gain a sword is a good compromise).

I've just reposted my consideration cause I've tested more than once both the mission and the sword before posting the edited file, and all was working like it's supposed to do; also I had the impression that there was a little bit of confusion about the effects that this edit could introduce in the game and I've just tried to clarify that.
I hope it could be helpful for both of you modders, and for the community as well.

Back