So about "that" cutscene

am i the only one who wouldn't like the retcon ending to be canon,it just doesn't seem like saints row to me,but more of a ''if you were a cop in gta"- game .

am i the only one who wouldn't like the retcon ending to be canon,it just doesn't seem like saints row to me,but more of a ''if you were a cop in gta"- game .
As I said in the original post the cutscene could have easily taken place several years before the events of SR1 and thus potentially gives us some insight on what Gat did prior to joining the Saints. This also explains how he could have met Troy.

As I said in the original post the cutscene could have easily taken place several years before the events of SR1 and thus potentially gives us some insight on what Gat did prior to joining the Saints. This also explains how he could have met Troy.
I dunno. If that were the case, then you'd think he'd remember working with Kinzie and Matt Miller during his time as a cop. You'd also think Kinzie would remember being friends with Matt at one point. Judging from what we see in Saints Row 3, the both of them have been enemies from the very beginning.

I dunno. If that were the case, then you'd think he'd remember working with Kinzie and Matt Miller during his time as a cop. You'd also think Kinzie would remember being friends with Matt at one point. Judging from what we see in Saints Row 3, the both of them have been enemies from the very beginning.
Kinzie DOES know Matt. Weirdly, the Boss also makes a comment that suggests he knew who Matt was before the Syndicate conflict. Let me dig up the scenes.

They could merge it with FreeSpace and get Saints in Space!

Edit: now all I can think of is a GTF Perseus with spinning gold rims on it.
With me all i can think about is a crossover between Saints Row and Red Faction. Doubt it would happen but would be nice to have.

You know, retconning pretty much means that they can literally rewrite the entire series however you please. So that scene doesn't even mean it has to fall into the timeline at all. It could literally be a brand new time line that might have happened, because I high doubt Gat was ever a cop. I will say I'm still kind of hoping for a big futuristic alien city, I really love the movement powers, but they completely over write the need for cars at all in the game.

Honestly, I would suggest doing some kind of Assassin's Creed style movement system, that way you can be fast and agile, but not as fast as a car. That way you retain the feel of empowerment.

Question is:Where do the Saints got foods and drinks in the space?
Without them, the Saints already dead because of stavation xD

You know, retconning pretty much means that they can literally rewrite the entire series however you please. So that scene doesn't even mean it has to fall into the timeline at all. It could literally be a brand new time line that might have happened, because I high doubt Gat was ever a cop. I will say I'm still kind of hoping for a big futuristic alien city, I really love the movement powers, but they completely over write the need for cars at all in the game.

Honestly, I would suggest doing some kind of Assassin's Creed style movement system, that way you can be fast and agile, but not as fast as a car. That way you retain the feel of empowerment.
From what I heard during the early phases of SR3 there would've been some sort of parkour system in the game. Unfortunately due to a combination of time restraints, low memory and THQ dicking around with Volitions cash it was one of many things that never made it into the final product. So it would be nice if Volition could reintroduce that concept in SR5

Question is:Where do the Saints got foods and drinks in the space?
Without them, the Saints already dead because of stavation xD
Well the Saints do have access to the Zen empire at this point. Alot of people seem to keep saying they are stuck on the tiny ship, but in reality they literally rule the entire empire... much less they have the rest of the living population in stasis until they find a new home for them. Zen, having advanced tech, probably have some kind of in ship farming system or even one of those Star Trek style matter materializer things.

From what I heard during the early phases of SR3 there would've been some sort of parkour system in the game. Unfortunately due to a combination of time restraints, low memory and THQ dicking around with Volitions cash it was one of many things that never made it into the final product. So it would be nice if Volition could reintroduce that concept in SR5
I will continue to hold a large amount of hope that Deep Silver will allow Volition a bigger team, budget, and proper development schedule for the next full installment. I liked SR3 and I adored SR4, but they both genuinely felt unfinished. That's not a bad thing though, some of my favorite games are obviously unfinished; New Vegas and Dark Souls for certain. You have a complete game, but there are unused assets and ideas that never got to reach fruition.

Back