SPOILERS So even in the end...(Light spoilers)

semipro has valid complaints though, most of which wouldn't be solved simply by "taking your time" with it. And I don't think its necessarily rushing, rather many people (me included) just like to marathon a game essentially on release. Its not a matter of wanting to just get it over with, rather a desire to play the game to such an extent that we play it through quickly that first time. I did that for both 2 and 3, both which I still enjoyed afterwards whether that was doing random activities, repeat playthroughs, or generally screwing around.
With IV, while I do think quite highly of the game, after you finish it especially after having done all the homie stuff before the ending, there is little of interest to do afterwards. All the activities, stores, etc... are already done since they were bundled into sidequests, most of the challenges are just a grind. For example I did the (travel 250million ft in an alien vehicle) yesterday, which consisted of me rubberbanding an xbox controller's analog stick so I was just flying around in circles in the sky, and leaving my comp to just do chores/errands. And it still took 5 hours to complete. And then the possibility to just screw around in IV is sort of nerfed by the way in which notoriety works now. It rises way to fast, and wardens sort of completely kill the possibility of having mass chaos in longer runs like you could do in 2/3. Its, kill a bunch of stuff, then warden causing a forced reset.

I fully agree with the notoriety not being very fun in this game...is it possible to completely remove notoriety? Like right now there's only an option to reset it, but not to prevent it. Should I ask in the request section or something?

sorry nevermind just saw it properly

but on the cheatlist, where is it? i'm using the script but i'm still curious :D

Last edited:
Well, how long did you take to finish Saints Row 3? Cos.. I think it took me longer to finish IV then I did to finish 3. And I collected everything in the game, did every activity (Got gold everywhere) and hacked every store. NExt to the special Co-op missions, I am completely finished with this game in ... 30 hours. On hardcore. Mostly because Saints Row IV makes the mistake many people mention: You get your super powers way to early and they become strong way to fast. As well as the weapons. Rocket launcer with unlimited ammo update is pretty much the way to get through every situation. The same was with 3. So.. what do you do? You start the game again, you use a No super powers cheat, don't get the highest upgrades and make the game a real challenge! Just imagine how long the game would take then? When you have to use planes/choppers to finish every tower. Okay, you can not finish the activities that way, but that doesn't really matter.

Then you play the game Co-op, have fun with friends where you will find yourself having fun with them, doing shit in the city for several hours before you remember that there was a mission to complete. This game has high replay value. I just wish there were more missions with different choises at the end. I love that they have one ending ( At least, I think so ) so they can safely make a next part in the game series. I just wonder why they used Cyrus as the bad guy in the first mission. Why not Killbane? They obviously went with the "Save the saints, let Killbane escape" ending, so... why not use him? He had a reason to blow up America, since he originally already should have blown op Stillwater. I kinda hoped Cyrus would actually join you, even though he hates you because you killed his daughter. I found that an odd choise.

Also, looking at the dance scene at the end, I was curious about what the saints had done. Did they restore earth? Or was that dance in the matrix..er.. simulation? I didn't see any glitching there. =P

I found their ending solution really smart, though. With a time machine, Volition can do ANYTHING they want with the next Saints game. Perhaps the next game will be about returning to a past earth and to create a strong army to fight off the Zin empire when they attack again. Even though they now know they are coming, Zinyak is still very strong and completely outguns Earth. If they go with that story, that means old members will return again. Seems like the obvious choise. And of course, you can have missions/activities in the past. A mayhem in the far future where robots have taken over earth, Terminator style? Or an activity in a Mob setting in the 1940 Steelport/Stillwater? I do hope the Hitman missions will make a real return, not just a couple of challenges. Buuut... as always, Only time will tell. I just wished I knew if they are actually planning a new Saints Row. With the time travel thing, they can make another unique game that will set itself apart from many games out there. Not technically, but story wise. Can't time travel in GTA, right? xD

Well, how long did you take to finish Saints Row 3? Cos.. I think it took me longer to finish IV then I did to finish 3. And I collected everything in the game, did every activity (Got gold everywhere) and hacked every store. NExt to the special Co-op missions, I am completely finished with this game in ... 30 hours. On hardcore. Mostly because Saints Row IV makes the mistake many people mention: You get your super powers way to early and they become strong way to fast. As well as the weapons. Rocket launcer with unlimited ammo update is pretty much the way to get through every situation. The same was with 3. So.. what do you do? You start the game again, you use a No super powers cheat, don't get the highest upgrades and make the game a real challenge! Just imagine how long the game would take then? When you have to use planes/choppers to finish every tower. Okay, you can not finish the activities that way, but that doesn't really matter.

Then you play the game Co-op, have fun with friends where you will find yourself having fun with them, doing shit in the city for several hours before you remember that there was a mission to complete. This game has high replay value. I just wish there were more missions with different choises at the end. I love that they have one ending ( At least, I think so ) so they can safely make a next part in the game series. I just wonder why they used Cyrus as the bad guy in the first mission. Why not Killbane? They obviously went with the "Save the saints, let Killbane escape" ending, so... why not use him? He had a reason to blow up America, since he originally already should have blown op Stillwater. I kinda hoped Cyrus would actually join you, even though he hates you because you killed his daughter. I found that an odd choise.

Also, looking at the dance scene at the end, I was curious about what the saints had done. Did they restore earth? Or was that dance in the matrix..er.. simulation? I didn't see any glitching there. =P

I found their ending solution really smart, though. With a time machine, Volition can do ANYTHING they want with the next Saints game. Perhaps the next game will be about returning to a past earth and to create a strong army to fight off the Zin empire when they attack again. Even though they now know they are coming, Zinyak is still very strong and completely outguns Earth. If they go with that story, that means old members will return again. Seems like the obvious choise. And of course, you can have missions/activities in the past. A mayhem in the far future where robots have taken over earth, Terminator style? Or an activity in a Mob setting in the 1940 Steelport/Stillwater? I do hope the Hitman missions will make a real return, not just a couple of challenges. Buuut... as always, Only time will tell. I just wished I knew if they are actually planning a new Saints Row. With the time travel thing, they can make another unique game that will set itself apart from many games out there. Not technically, but story wise. Can't time travel in GTA, right? xD
You are right with anything.

I am 99.999% certain I am the only human being on the planet who thought the Mass Effect 3 ending was the only one that made sense for the series ಠ_ಠ oh well

You are not. X)

It isn't 100% perfect (there are a few wtf's I can't deny that) but it fits and I like it ;)
^_^ yay! yeah, it needed to be polished that's for sure (and some aspects of certain endings kind of sucked) :)

Back