SR3 Texture Utilities

I've been working on the Saints Row 3 texture files and I've finally thrown together a utility to unpack the texture data files.

Hey I really want to use this, however I keep getting an error when I try to unpack. It keeps saying it found 1 image but then found end of file and nothing gets unpacked.

Hey I really want to use this, however I keep getting an error when I try to unpack. It keeps saying it found 1 image but then found end of file and nothing gets unpacked.
Can you give a screenshot?

Make you're dragging the .cvbm_pc (or .cpeg_pc) file on to the .exe, not the .gvbm_pc (or .gpeg_pc) files, though both need to be present in the directory of the .c' files.

Can you give a screenshot?

Make you're dragging the .cvbm_pc (or .cpeg_pc) file on to the .exe, not the .gvbm_pc (or .gpeg_pc) files, though both need to be present in the directory of the .c' files.

Sure here it is:
cvJGUX6.png

You need to drag the .cvbm file on to the unpack util and not the gvbm.

These texture utils don't support drag and drop, unlike the SR2 ones. Create a batch file (or use command line) with the full command (assuming the util, batch, and texture files are all in the same folder) :
Code:
SR3UnpackTextures m_ideal_d.gvbm_pc

EDIT:
If you want a quickie way to unpack a large amount of textures in your current folder you can also use this instead:
Code:
for %%f in (*.cpeg_pc) do SR3UnpackTextures %%f
for %%f in (*.cvbm_pc) do SR3UnpackTextures %%f
pause

I get the same error message and the cmd window then crashes.

My mistake. It should be the cvbm file and not the gvbm file. Still, that shows that you have a problem with the tool itself or your system rather than the method you're using to try and do it (which is correct.)

Do the other gibbed's tools work correctly? Do you have the latest .net version from Microsoft?
http://www.microsoft.com/net

What OS?

My mistake. It should be the cvbm file and not the gvbm file. Still, that shows that you have a problem with the tool itself or your system rather than the method you're using to try and do it (which is correct.)

Do the other gibbed's tools work correctly? Do you have the latest .net version from Microsoft?
http://www.microsoft.com/net

What OS?

The other tools work fine and yes I do. I'm using Windows 7 32 bit Home Premium

Attach your gvbm and cvbm files and I can confirm that it's not the files themselves that are the problem.

It's your files. I get the same error trying to extract them, but when I extract mine from my archives the tool works fine. I would suggest first verifying integrity on Steam then reextracting the archive that contained them and trying again.

You are running the Steam version, right?

Back