SR4 removed & beta content

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since everyone on GTAForums gets a boner when talking about beta stuff, maybe it happens here as well? Do you know any removed/unused stuff in the game? As far as I know, boats and SR3 Special Ops vehicles are unused at all in SR4.

Since everyone on GTAForums gets a boner when talking about beta stuff, maybe it happens here as well? Do you know any removed/unused stuff in the game? As far as I know, boats and SR3 Special Ops vehicles are unused at all in SR4.
There are many replaced/mission-only weapons which were supposed to be usable in the freeroam (they even have descriptions for the store).

Replaced weapons:
  • Micronizer --> Inflato Ray
  • Glitch Gun --> Bounce Rifle
Mission-only weapons with store descriptions:
  • Touchstone 40-Cal
  • Suit Blaster
  • Cyber Blaster
  • Joe's Ladle
  • Cricket Bat
  • Ronin Sword
Unused weapon models:
  • Knife
  • Satchel Charges
Other cut weapons:
  • Sonic Boom (it was supposed to be in Enter the Dominatrix DLC; there's a lot of references to it in the files).

I even still get boner seeing information about Beta GTA3.

It's always interesting to learn the earlier version and possibly with the reason why it's removed.

Fan of Saints, is there any models you can show from list above?

It says Ronin Sword, so is there actually original moveset for Katana?

Fan of Saints, is there any models you can show from list above?

It says Ronin Sword, so is there actually original moveset for Katana?
Knife and the satchel charges are included in Expanded Arsenal Mod. About the Ronin Sword, it's from Saints of Rage minigame in "Welcome Back" mission, along with the Cricket Bat. Its description is "Ronin like to carry these. They make them feel cool. Like ninja.".

Here's the photo of the Cricket Bat, unfortunately I didn't found any from the final battle with the Ronin Sword.
sor_dt2.png

I can also recollect that the Specter VTOL in SR4 is buggy and unfinished.
There are unused Vice Kings and Rollerz variants of vehicles.
The Kayak as Taxi in SR4 has leftover Deckers variant.
There is an unused Saints variant of the Peacemaker.
There were a taxi from SR3 and regular Kayak in the first trailer.
There exists a police variant of the Pacemaker - leftover from SR3.
I don't remember seeing ZPD Oppressor in SR4, so it must be unused as well.

Last edited:
I can also recollect that the Specter VTOL in SR4 is buggy and unfinished.
There are unused Vice Kings and Rollerz variants of vehicles.
The Kayak as Taxi in SR4 has leftover Deckers variant.
There is an unused Saints variant of the Peacemaker.
There were a taxi from SR3 and regular Kayak in the first trailer.
There exists a police variant of the Pacemaker - leftover from SR3.
I don't remember seeing ZPD Oppressor in SR4, so it must be unused as well.
For the Specter, the problem is the animations because they edited the animations for the hoverbike flying mod to adapt them for the XOR but they're not made for the specter .

You can notice the fire truck and some other SR IV vehicles in the trailers.
There's SR3 written on the license plates in the trailers.
You could rotate weapons in the weapon store which can be seen in PAX Demo (I'm confused why they cut this, it's a very nice feature).
There's "Scoopa Six" costume for the rocket launcher in PAX Demo.

Knife and the satchel charges are included in Expanded Arsenal Mod. About the Ronin Sword, it's from Saints of Rage minigame in "Welcome Back" mission, along with the Cricket Bat. Its description is "Ronin like to carry these. They make them feel cool. Like ninja.".

Here's the photo of the Cricket Bat, unfortunately I didn't found any from the final battle with the Ronin Sword.
sor_dt2.png
I found the model for the Ronin Sword in the mission files . It's "sidescrollersword" but i think it's unused .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back