Sr5 Storyline Idea

And plus, Saints Row used to be a badass game. Now it's hitting aliens with dildos while wearing furry costumes. This isn't Japan, we don't need that stuff all the time.
what you call stupid, i call awesome. :p some of us LIKE the crazy new direction the series went. dont get me wrong, sr2 is amazing and all that, but what was seperating it from gta at the time? only the massively customizable protagonist it seems. take it away, and all you got is another hum-drum gta clone. sure, its fun, but youd wish for it to do its own thing rather than being a gta clone. personally, I LIKE that the game is going the absurdity route and stopped taking itself so damn seriously. if you want seriousness, look elsewhere. hell, maybe if you lot whine about it enough someone might ACTUALLY make a spiritual successor to the old saints row. if saints row were to continue down the road it WAS going, people would complain it was too familiar. too same-y. people are fickle it seems. imma just go blasting aliens heads off dressed as a mechanical t-rex now. no, i dont use the dildos. hardly at all. i use the black hole launcher. B-)

There is a LOT of potential left in this series, and I hope Volition does not give up on it. (Just meaning that they're finished with it.) I just got into it with SR4. But once I played it, I went and bought SR:TT and SR2. Unfortunately I'm unable to play SR2 though. I think the game is just to old or something. The controls for it on my PC are just very very sensitive.
But anyways, I have thoroughly enjoyed 3 and 4. I know they're both very similar. One with gangs and no super powers in Steel Port, the other has Aliens in a simulation and you have these super powers.....in Steel Port.

I too, like the 'crazy' direction. I like that Saints Row isn't a clone of GTA. It has its moments, but they are few. As for a next SR release? Since I can't play SR2, and SR1 I can't even find....I'd love to see a return to Stillwater with our newly acquired super powers. Whether in time travel or other way...I'd like to see what made Stillwater a pivotal part to the Saints Row story.

There is a LOT of potential left in this series, and I hope Volition does not give up on it. (Just meaning that they're finished with it.) I just got into it with SR4. But once I played it, I went and bought SR:TT and SR2. Unfortunately I'm unable to play SR2 though. I think the game is just to old or something. The controls for it on my PC are just very very sensitive.
But anyways, I have thoroughly enjoyed 3 and 4. I know they're both very similar. One with gangs and no super powers in Steel Port, the other has Aliens in a simulation and you have these super powers.....in Steel Port.

I too, like the 'crazy' direction. I like that Saints Row isn't a clone of GTA. It has its moments, but they are few. As for a next SR release? Since I can't play SR2, and SR1 I can't even find....I'd love to see a return to Stillwater with our newly acquired super powers. Whether in time travel or other way...I'd like to see what made Stillwater a pivotal part to the Saints Row story.

SR1 is for Xbox 360 only, no wonder you can't find it. SR2 is well known for the fact that is a crappy PC port from xbox 360, so it has many issues. In order to fix pretty much all of them (yes, all of them), look here.

Scroll down until you find your problem, and it'll walk you through the fix. With a little tweaking, Saints Row 2 is an awesome game :D.

SR1 is for Xbox 360 only, no wonder you can't find it. SR2 is well known for the fact that is a crappy PC port from xbox 360, so it has many issues. In order to fix pretty much all of them (yes, all of them), look here.

Scroll down until you find your problem, and it'll walk you through the fix. With a little tweaking, Saints Row 2 is an awesome game :D.
ahhh yes... gentlemen of the row.... the very thing that started all the modding adventures of idolninja. i wonder though, what the sdk will bring to the table? :O
sr2 is awesome, no doubt about that... but i think i like the new stuff added to sr4. XD

I don't know how to Thank You enough for that link. I NEVER even knew about the porting issues. Hell, I didn't even know SR1 was strictly a console game. But seriously, I am beyond thrilled right now. I followed your link, found IdolNinja's Powertools mod, installed it and got SR2 working fabulously now. (At least by the little stop watch session it is). I look forward now to being able to experience just how great SR2 is....or so I hear. :)

And plus, Saints Row used to be a badass game. Now it's hitting aliens with dildos while wearing furry costumes. This isn't Japan, we don't need that stuff all the time.
I'm from Japan, and I feel offended by this. Besides, the furry costumes are just optional, no one tells you to wear them. Same for the dildo thing. You're not forced to use it.

I don't know how to Thank You enough for that link. I NEVER even knew about the porting issues. Hell, I didn't even know SR1 was strictly a console game. But seriously, I am beyond thrilled right now. I followed your link, found IdolNinja's Powertools mod, installed it and got SR2 working fabulously now. (At least by the little stop watch session it is). I look forward now to being able to experience just how great SR2 is....or so I hear. :)

Well you're very welcome, glad I could be of service :).

Edit: Oh, and if you prefer the SR:TT style camera, grab my mod here.

Last edited:
Personally, I'd be ok if any future Saints Row game wasn't a Saints game. Even if everyone goes "EEEEE But we want the characters! And the boss!" or alternately "But we want X style!" how many here like SR2? And how many of those like SR4? Heck, if you liked the characters in SR3 it's hard to play 4 and find out most of them were killed off camera (I liked Oleg!). The games are rather different.. but both can be liked by the same person. They're different styles of game entirely though... and I'm fine Volition tries different things. So if they suddenly go back to the roots as it were with a more gritty game involving you as a corrupt cop in employ of Troy who has to take out the remnants of the Saints and all the other gangs in the meantime between gangs as well as deal with the rising sudden other three gangs, I'm all for it, as long as they make a good game out of it.

Oh, and update the engine first hopefully. Even if it's not made based around modding a little more flexibility won't hurt! :p

Back