STAG in action

Oh, you know what would really be snazzy? If we could just make the Stag Weapons be costumes for the alien weapons. I so badly wished that the alien weapons at least had some kind of costumes.
That wouldn't be too bad, actually. Is there a way to add costumes to an item, or is that not able to be done easily with lines of code? Because there's a few ideas I have that would be cool to be skins for (i.e. japanese censored dildo bat skin for The Penetrator).

That wouldn't be too bad, actually. Is there a way to add costumes to an item, or is that not able to be done easily with lines of code? Because there's a few ideas I have that would be cool to be skins for (i.e. japanese censored dildo bat skin for The Penetrator).
Let me find the store xtbl.

Most of the data for all the SR3 weapons is still there, some of them even still have their models. Now, implenting weapons costumes and such is LEAGUES away. We haven't even figured out if we can add weapons back in or not. Lets concentrate on the here and now, then once we find out if we can do silly things like make it so weapons costumes can be added to other weapons, then we'll go about making it so there are Stag costumes for the Alien guns. After that, we can just implement them like most of the game.

Most of the data for all the SR3 weapons is still there, some of them even still have their models. Now, implenting weapons costumes and such is LEAGUES away. We haven't even figured out if we can add weapons back in or not. Lets concentrate on the here and now, then once we find out if we can do silly things like make it so weapons costumes can be added to other weapons, then we'll go about making it so there are Stag costumes for the Alien guns. After that, we can just implement them like most of the game.
You can replace weapons with existing ones, pretty easy.
You just have to test if the weapon model is still existant.

You can replace weapons with existing ones, pretty easy.
You just have to test if the weapon model is still existant.
Well I mean for instance I was trying to set it up to allow me to have the Pulse Rifle as a heavy SMG costume. It kept crashing immediately. Maybe I'm missing something....

Ouch, well I mean it'd start, but it also took away my burst rifle. If I went to friendly fire, it then crashed. I think there's something about the format we'll have to figure out.
Well I replaced a Dubstepgun Variation with an disabled one and made my Dubstepgun invisible.
not a single crash tho.

Are the Mesh's from SR4 the same as SR3?
If so then unpack the weapons from "items.vpp_pc" from the SR3 folder (Gibbed SR3 tools), unpack the str2_pc files (again Gibbed SR3 tools).
Then pack the str2_pc and then make a custome vpp_pc to say "stag weapons.vpp_pc" (using the SR4 tools)
Include in the vpp_pc a update similar to how DLC's worked in SR3 (grenade launcher, genki rocket, etc) to set the model/mesh/sound set a as an option skin for weapon xyz.

I unpacked the SR4 items.vpp_pc and I didn't see any of the stag weapons in there, but they are listed in the weapons.xtbl?
Heck the Killshot is still listed in the weapons.xtbl.

Are the Mesh's from SR4 the same as SR3?
If so then unpack the weapons from "items.vpp_pc" from the SR3 folder (Gibbed SR3 tools), unpack the str2_pc files (again Gibbed SR3 tools).
Then pack the str2_pc and then make a custome vpp_pc to say "stag weapons.vpp_pc" (using the SR4 tools)
Include in the vpp_pc a update similar to how DLC's worked in SR3 (grenade launcher, genki rocket, etc) to set the model/mesh/sound set a as an option skin for weapon xyz.

I unpacked the SR4 items.vpp_pc and I didn't see any of the stag weapons in there, but they are listed in the weapons.xtbl?
Heck the Killshot is still listed in the weapons.xtbl.
I don't have the SR:TT stuff right now.

Back