[TEXTURE] *UPDATE* The Real Iron Saint armor MK2 and MK3

I've done EXACTLY as the instructions state... however it is not stated anywhere how on earth I use/apply the suit??

I have been in the shops and checked every item... what am I missing?
its not unlocked until you beat the game, unless you use the mod Amblypygid mentioned.

Hi Bloodjack

Great work love it! I would like to know, how did you manage to mod the armor, as I have been doing HD re-textures of the armor just like with any of the other clothing I've done so far, but for some reason the Iron Saint armor is the only one that isn't showing up correctly with my new textures in-game. I've done a 4096x4096 and a 2048x2048 hd re-tex of the Iron Saint armor, and I have no luck to get this item to work in-game, the rest of my modded items function. o_O

I did update the asm, did save in the correct format, and did repack the texture into the .cpeg and .gpeg file and back into the custmesh_1303021830f.str2_pc, as per usual, but still a no go.

EDIT: Nevermind, the 1024x1024 version works, however the 2048 and 4096 versions is not functioning at all.
Yeah unfortunately the game engine can't handle it not 100% sure tough. I tried it on weapons 2048 and 4096 and no luck the weapon was just invisible then it would crash the game it really does suck too. BTW for the SS did you just overlay the _s texture over the _d texture?

I dropped all the files into my Saints Row IV folder, didn't have to overwrite anything. I get in game and the textures for the Iron Saint are missing. I'm trying to use the Black armor. I still hear the sounds from the metal footsteps, but I'm wearing my regular clothes, or whatever I had on at the time of equipping the suit. Any ideas?

I dropped all the files into my Saints Row IV folder, didn't have to overwrite anything. I get in game and the textures for the Iron Saint are missing. I'm trying to use the Black armor. I still hear the sounds from the metal footsteps, but I'm wearing my regular clothes, or whatever I had on at the time of equipping the suit. Any ideas?

ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2Update.exe to update your files.

Download minimaul's tools here
http://www.saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/minimauls-saints-row-iv-tools.3188/
extract everything into the root folder IE: steam/steamapps/common/SaintsrowIV
then run the ThomasJepp.SaintsRow.Stream2Update
After that you should be good

Hi Bloodjack

Great work love it! I would like to know, how did you manage to mod the armor, as I have been doing HD re-textures of the armor just like with any of the other clothing I've done so far, but for some reason the Iron Saint armor is the only one that isn't showing up correctly with my new textures in-game. I've done a 4096x4096 and a 2048x2048 hd re-tex of the Iron Saint armor, and I have no luck to get this item to work in-game, the rest of my modded items function. o_O

I did update the asm, did save in the correct format, and did repack the texture into the .cpeg and .gpeg file and back into the custmesh_1303021830f.str2_pc, as per usual, but still a no go.

EDIT: Nevermind, the 1024x1024 version works, however the 2048 and 4096 versions is not functioning at all.

Umm.. I'm taking a stab in the dark here, but.. is it perhaps because the cm_suit_ironsaint_n is still 1024x1024?

Yeah unfortunately the game engine can't handle it not 100% sure tough. I tried it on weapons 2048 and 4096 and no luck the weapon was just invisible then it would crash the game it really does suck too. BTW for the SS did you just overlay the _s texture over the _d texture?

Nope, all I did was re-designed the diffuse map and the normal map of the armor, the weird things is, my character's body texture is 4096x2048 and the game is running with it smoothly, not sure why the Iron Saint armor is going all funky monkey on me with its texture when it is higher than 1024, currently the normal map and the diffuse map is 1024, however I left the sb map as it is.

Back