Unexplainable Crashing.

We will absolutely patch crash issues once we figure out what is going on and how to fix it. The last part is the trick obviously.

We will absolutely patch crash issues once we figure out what is going on and how to fix it. The last part is the trick obviously.
Is there anything I can do to help? I have MSVC 2012, so Windows offers me to 'debug the program'. Not sure how that works without source code, but if you think it could generate something that would help you, I'd be happy to do whatever the next time it crashes (if.. my crashes are pretty rare)

I'm getting a crash on the same mission as you, "Retrieving Matt Miller." The crash happens right at the END of the mission which is infuriating. I have the same specs too, a NVidia 660.

I'm not sure whats going on with the Matt Miller crash. I have a nVidia 660ti and did not crash here at all. Peculiar.

Well, the game started crashing in the beginning, which got me to lower the graphic settings in the first place, only to get me far enough to get to the rescue Matt mission.
Then it started to crash regardless how low I got my graphic settings.

Its important to note what module is crashing. If it is saying "Faulting module: SaintsRowIV.exe" like the OP says, then its the bug that we haven't narrowed down yet.

If it is crashing in d3d11.dll, then its either the display driver (nVidia's 8/20 beta will cause this, revert to July's beta), or (possibly, from the other thread) a Vista install without DirectX 11 installed.

I am having the same issue it stops responding right after you jump onto the ship with Matt. I'm using GeForce GTX 770.

I was also having this issue, I pre-ordered from GreenManGaming. The first time it crashed whilst on the bike, second time it crashed after killing the first tank. I have a Geforce GTX 660Ti.

I verified the integrity of the game's files, then updated my drivers, and I just completed the mission without crashing. I'm not sure if that did actually solve the issue or if I got lucky, but before this when I looked at the event log it said

Faulting application name: SaintsRowIV.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x5214db3e
Faulting module name: SaintsRowIV.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x5214db3e
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x007b6c87
Faulting process id: 0x1740
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce9fef3f414e5a
Faulting application path: F:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\SaintsRowIV.exe
Faulting module path: F:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Saints Row IV\SaintsRowIV.exe
Report Id: 3607564e-0be9-11e3-bf28-60a44c41f923

Back