What Will happen After SRIV?

i hope they dont stop the crazy! but new characters new city would be nice. like...maybe a game parallel to the third detailing what the saints were doing in stillwater? and if they were defending themselves from the syndicate?

i hope they dont stop the crazy! but new characters new city would be nice. like...maybe a game parallel to the third detailing what the saints were doing in stillwater? and if they were defending themselves from the syndicate?

FUCK THAT! Fuck, we had enough crazyness in the last game and in the future one. I want a game with all the gangster elements, but with crazy stuff to do, and I'm not talking about SR3 crazy. I'm talking about SR2 crazy or even GTA:SA crazy. They also need to keep the new controls. About graphics, they can improve a little bit, but if they can't, that won't be a problem. Bring a serious, and long storyline, but with fun jokes and activities and side quests to do. That's why, for me, SR2 and GTA:SA are my favourite '' Gangster '' Sandbox games of all time. Never got to play SR1 though.

FUCK THAT! Fuck, we had enough crazyness in the last game and in the future one. I want a game with all the gangster elements, but with crazy stuff to do, and I'm not talking about SR3 crazy. I'm talking about SR2 crazy or even GTA:SA crazy. They also need to keep the new controls. About graphics, they can improve a little bit, but if they can't, that won't be a problem. Bring a serious, and long storyline, but with fun jokes and activities and side quests to do. That's why, for me, SR2 and GTA:SA are my favourite '' Gangster '' Sandbox games of all time. Never got to play SR1 though.

bahh... i love the crazyness of sr3. besides... since idol apparently has the full game... maybe they might keep the crazyness of 4. :3

bahh... i love the crazyness of sr3. besides... since idol apparently has the full game... maybe they might keep the crazyness of 4. :3

Highly doubt it. They've disapointed many past fans. And as I said before, they might use that Saints Row: Total Control story.

Hm. Well, I'm glad they didn't try to keep escalating, personally. What's left? Ruling the entire galaxy after taking it over? Suddenly Planet Saints becomes Universe Saints? Then how does it play? I mean, it's going to be a little bit of a stretch where the interstellar alien empire is taken down by one person (or at least their part on earth is), though I can't comment without having played the game first of course.. but there's limits how far you can push that.

I just hope they keep a lot of the same feel. There WAS some craziness to SR2 too, I mean, anyone who's played Fuzz would understand. "Chainsaws are standard issue, right?" It had that gritty down to earth tone to the story, particularly midway through each act where it became rather brutal at times, but along with that you could still jump on a random person's car and surf it doing handstands and one-liners until you were awarded a traffic cone to wear as a hat. And it's a game where you could turn on nitros and plow through vehicles making them explode. It's not exactly the height of serious realistic simulation here, and I like it that way. I can't get into GTA4 because it went a lot that route, not just the story tone but the gameplay itself feels rather more serious and sluggish, even if admittedly Nico is still a bullet sponge crackshot killer like all the previous games.

Although to be fair, that's the Saints Row series. It's not like that's all Volition has ever done. So I guess I'm saying a future Saints Row game, whatever it actually is and however it is, even if it's not Saints Row, should have some of that silly craziness, even if the rest of the game is entirely different. It's why even if SR3 isn't as amazing as SR2, both encourage fun.

Well first of all you should chill out and wait till you played Saints Row 4. Because Idolninja seems to really like Saints Row 4 despite not beeing a big Fan of 3. So maybe they got the Balance between Crazyness and Seriousness right already. And in my personal Opinion i think that Voliton should do the exact Opposite of what some of the Oldschool Fans propose around the Net. And that would be keeping the Crazy and Comicbookish Storyline and Style but add Serious Moments to that. I'm not talking going further with the Crazy but keeping the Level of Crazyness. And let's be honest Saints Row 2 had already a Comicbookish Storyline and Style with serious Moments in between.
Highly doubt it. They've disapointed many past fans. And as I said before, they might use that Saints Row: Total Control story.
Why do you doubt it. They disappointed some past fans but not all and definetly not the Majority of the Saints Row Fans. How do i know that. Well i base my assumption of the Fact that the Saint's Row Fan's Choice Facebook Group, that exists for the very Cause to convince Volition to go back to the Gangbang Style Saints Row, has only about 450 Memebers despite posting on every Saints Row related Facebook Site and on Youtube. And on Top of that Volition gained allot of new Fans through this Crazy Style. Volition also seemed to always wanted to go in that Crazy way and as long as they are Successfull with it i don't see why they would or should Change that. The unhappy People will always be louder then the happy People even if the happy People are more. Of course i don't want to start a Fight here with that. It is just my Observation of the Situation.

Reboot/branching series with the tone and features of SR2

A year or two later they do a stand-alone expansion using the engine they've already established to do zombies, superpowers, what have you. Basically what Enter the Dominatrix was going to do and what Far Cry 3: Blood Dragons ended up doing

Reboot/branching series with the tone and features of SR2
A year or two later they do a stand-alone expansion using the engine they've already established to do zombies, superpowers, what have you. Basically what Enter the Dominatrix was going to do and what Far Cry 3: Blood Dragons ended up doing

i don't want to go back to just gangbanging. i love the power fantasy that is saints row the third and saints row iv. Saints row 2 was fun, but so was sr3. just make a darker story, but don't take away the awesomeness that is my character for some boring normal dude.

Parallel universes sounds like a good step. Worlds where the Saints are less/more crazy, where they never ended up in Steelport, all sorts. But there's also the rest of the world to explore. The Saints don't seem to have stepped outside Northern America. Maybe branching off into other countries would be interesting? Heck, the series could split in two, one towards the craziness of Saints Row IV and one towards the less zany Saints Row 2.

Back