Buggy Homies

Dope asf, but is it safe for me to switch to legacy on my current save file? Do I need a new save to play on?
Uhm, I don’t think so, let me test that and I’ll get back to you
Edit: Nope, it apparently is fine, I only tested an autosave I had though, I'd backup your saves if I were you just incase it does happen to corrupt them

So I edited the English language strings, now every homie can be correctly identified
Woohoo! Don't forget the funny blurbs underneath each of their names! Ex: "Valderamma will document her aid to you!"

EDIT: Good on you for saying that the mod breaks some Story missions and warning against a playthrough with the mod mounted. I should have said something since I learned the hard way in multiple missions

Last edited:
Woohoo! Don't forget the funny blurbs underneath each of their names! Ex: "Valderamma will document her aid to you!"

EDIT: Good on you for saying that the mod breaks some Story missions and warning against a playthrough with the mod mounted. I should have said something since I learned the hard way in multiple missions
I did “Broadcast your action with Jane Valderrama.”
I didn’t want anyone’s saves being lost and their hard work of finishing missions being gone because the game crashed

I did “Broadcast your action with Jane Valderrama.”
I didn’t want anyone’s saves being lost and their hard work of finishing missions being gone because the game crashed
But now I'm having crash issues on the Legacy version on my existing save files, which don't appear to be corrupting. Is it best to assume I simply need a fresh save to avoid this crashing?

EDIT: Yep. Fresh save needed. No need to answer as I've once again learned the hard way lol

Last edited:
But now I'm having crash issues on the Legacy version on my existing save files, which don't appear to be corrupting. Is it best to assume I simply need a fresh save to avoid this crashing?

EDIT: Yep. Fresh save needed. No need to answer as I've once again learned the hard way lol
I'll check out how to fix it
Edit: Definitely a mod issue, I used the save from my Epic version, and it seems to work, but when I used my older steam saves it crashed

Last edited:
I'll check out how to fix it
Edit: Definitely a mod issue, I used the save from my Epic version, and it seems to work, but when I used my older steam saves it crashed
I suppose I should have also said I'm on the Steam version.

EDIT: Okay, I cannot stand the Legacy version. For better or worse, it looks like I prefer the Re-elected patch version as I'm having issues that really bother me on the graphics side. I hope a non-crashing alternative for le_strings comes about

Last edited:

EDIT: Okay, I cannot stand the Legacy version. For better or worse, it looks like I prefer the Re-elected patch version as I'm having issues that really bother me on the graphics side. I hope a non-crashing alternative for le_strings comes about
Oh yeah, I am too, Epic only has the Re-elected version, I moved back to steam to get the legacy edition because functionally, it works a lot better, Re-elected is annoying enough to drive you mad if you're a mod developer like myself
Edit: However that's up to you, I may make separate versions, one for legacy and one for re-elected, but the legacy version is definitely going to have more things, I can't exactly add new gang customization which sucks, so I just hope someone makes an unofficial patch that fixes the weird "Saints backup not working"

Last edited:

If I were you, I'd look for the "re-elected edition textures for legacy" mod (it's in the workshop), it's your best bet to get close enough to re-elected graphics

Back