But Why!? (stay on topic y'all)

100% standalone.
Since its standalone I don't suppose there will be any way to bring the powers over from GOoH to SRIV? Would voltation not allow it since some people might just install the mod and not buy GOoH, maybe some way of telling if you own it or not? Same for being able to play as Gat, as much as I love the new standalone I would like to be able to play as him in the full game.

Since its standalone I don't suppose there will be any way to bring the powers over from GOoH to SRIV? Would voltation not allow it since some people might just install the mod and not buy GOoH, maybe some way of telling if you own it or not? Same for being able to play as Gat, as much as I love the new standalone I would like to be able to play as him in the full game.

We don't a problem with that, but the super powers themselves are hardcoded and not something you could easily edit or port.

It seems that Deep Silver is using SR just for collecting money for other projects.
Yes well, Volition seems to be the only competent developer that they have their hands on for the time being. So if they intend to do as you say, I think it would be in their best interest to basically give Volition complete autonomy. If I was a billionaire, I'd buy them back and set them free. God help Deep Silver if they try to bully my mates at V. Idol, just let us know if they impose anything ridiculous on you guys. I've got pitchforks.

From what I've seen so far it looks more like a Hell version of a hybrid...Probably a bit of Stillwater and Steelport mashed together. I'm happy to get a chance to play my favorite murderer :D (since I never do multiplayer it's all good for me). I've been wanting to play as Johnny since SR1....He just has the perfect attitude...
"If it bleeds,kill it,if it make me mad, kill it, if you can't kill it....kill it anyway." Needless to say I will own it,and play the Hell out of it (pun intended).
I just hope that they're actually making a SR5 also. I'd be more than happy to give them some ideas (free of charge even)...I have TONS...and a lot of free time on my hands that begs for more SR goodness...

Back