Easier Activity Goals

There, I integrated my steam account, so excuse you.

There's no need to act like a jerk about it. We get hundreds of pirates asking for help due to running a cracked version that will never work correctly with mods. We simply don't want to waste our time if there's no solution. Asking a user to verify ownership is something we do all the time so that we can confirm and actually try to help them. So, a little less attitude please.

Having said that, stream_grid.asm_pc controls missions and zones. Did you possibly install another mod, like perhaps the test one I released that lets you skip that mission? Do you have a file named m03_modal.str2_pc in your install folder? If so, you would have to choose which mod you want out of this one and that one, or learn how to use the tools and update the asm file yourself to make it work with both. If you do not have that file then list any str2_pc files in your install root. There is also the possibility that the latest patch may have broken compatibility. If that's the case we need to wait for Volition to fix the weapon problems first before we can troubleshoot further.

Beat me to it, I was at work and such.

As I noted in the readme and such, I had to modify stream_grid.asm_pc, which controls a fair bit of stuff, and thus any mod that changes it will break with this, or vice versa. What's the mod you're trying to use? Easiest method would be updating asm on your own.

Also, I already hacked all the stores, so I can't test, but the difficult levels xtbl (exactly so, difficulty_levels.xtbl) may or may not be loaded (a lot of the xtbls are just copies of what's already compiled in thus ignored in their plaintext form) but if it is I can edit the store hacking timer levels. No idea how the unlockable 'longer timers' is done, if it's added it wouldn't be a problem but if it's not I'd have to figure where it is too.
And for some reason, difficulty_levels.xtbl doesn't control the rifts, just the classic activities.

But as it goes, I'll test that and see if stuff breaks.. after the major patch problems are fixed.

same happens to me. i downloaded the game today and its the only mod i have and cannot start the mission if a dont delete file.

same here, can't start platforming rift with this mod :p get stuck in a loading screen, removed the mod and rifting works again ;0

Of course, the first usual question is if you have the Steam version, but it seems you do. It's very likely stream_grid.asm_pc was changed by the patch, and thus it breaks this mod. I'm waiting though for the patch-patch to finally come out (as of this post "Morning German time" was the unofficial news) so I can update and test some other stuff. Sorry, but it's also very likely they'll change more stuff with the newer patch, so I'd just have to release a new version immediately after.

At least the XTBL for the other activities should work, right?

I just tried using this mod and it worked for the pain in the ass M.O.M. missions. The grid stuff I beat just fine. I do have one question though. I started out playing with this mod tonight and the noteriety mod and I noticed something as I was going through my activities on the map. I no longer have fight club activities anywhere on my map. I deleted all mods and tried an earlier save file and still nothing. Could the latest patch from Volition have messed this up? Anyone else noticing fight clubs messed up? Those are the only other missions I am having an issue getting past silver on the medium and harder one.

Of course, the first usual question is if you have the Steam version, but it seems you do. It's very likely stream_grid.asm_pc was changed by the patch, and thus it breaks this mod. I'm waiting though for the patch-patch to finally come out (as of this post "Morning German time" was the unofficial news) so I can update and test some other stuff. Sorry, but it's also very likely they'll change more stuff with the newer patch, so I'd just have to release a new version immediately after.

At least the XTBL for the other activities should work, right?

I never really tested all the other activities, I was just having more problems with platforming then anything which is why i tried it. ;p

Back