First-person camera experiment

High five! Is it ready to move the thread to the Mod Release subforum?
It sounds very tempting, but I still have to tweak a camera position a bit... Maybe there's a way to prevent some of the clipping (for example, moving camera slightly forward), enable FPS view for anims described below and prevent human shields from disappearing.

Score!
Out of curiosity, what happens when you are in cutscenes etcetera when a camera is forced? Is Boss just headless during it and moving about as if there was a head attached? And then, what happens during special animations like takedowns or carjackings? You said you didn't cover them.. does it stay first person and camera go wacky during it, or does it flick third person for a headless boss?

Still, glad to hear a bit of obscuring to hide the head is all it took!
Sadly, camera switches to that "wacky" one while performing takedowns, QTE fights and car stealing - I'll focus on fixing that now. Speaking of cutscenes, Boss is rendered headless (sadly). I'm not sure if it is possible to change it though. Moreover even if it is, then it sounds like a pretty time consuming task.

I've just posted a version 0.3 of this mod. Among many other tweaks it enables first person view for QTE fights, brute grabs/finishers and entering/exiting certain vehicles (like compacts, luxuries, SUVs; the trick with camera I used didn't work so well with trucks and vans). Because this mod is build on shitface's Vehicle Camera First Person Mod (which is based on quantumsingularity86's mod; both found here), you can switch between exterior and dashboard views by clicking fine-aim. I'm still working on sprint attacks (they don't use that circling camera anymore), carjacking and all other bugs, so you can expect further versions anytime. However if you would like to tweak this mod on your own, don't hesitate! Just download it and hunt some bugs!

Last but not least: IdolNinja, I think that this thread is now ready for moving to Mod releases subforum :)

I wish to say an error with coop... Nothing you did not wrote but wish to ask if it can be solved somehow.
The character's doing fine but in coop, the head disappears on the coop partner. Not bad, just my partner not likes it. :3 I wish to ask if there could be a setting that moves the camera a tiny bit forward? I presume that would be fine? Or it would make navigating hard?

Hmm... I fear that there's no way in preventing that coop bug from happening. While I haven't played coop yet and don't exactly understand online game's data sharing, I assume that - correct me if I'm wrong, please - you were the host and therefore your modded files were loaded by game engine as "global" ones. Since this mod is based on XTBL files (which features can't be switched for certain players on and off at will, like a Sandbox+ command for example) I fear there's no way out of there...

As for the camera position part: yes, it's possible and I'm about to start tinkering at it :) I assume that you would like to have it pushed forward as much as it takes to hide a cloth's collar while running or is it something else?

No, i were the host but without the mod myself now. It worked fine and not made them so. The partner has it... And he told me that I look ridiculous without a head. :3 And I am a vain girl, I wish him to see what I got. :p

On the camera: Yes, I thought so... If it is possible. :) It is, I hope? Or the position is harder?

Oh, now I get it... It makes sense and it worked just like I thought coop is working. Sadly, there's still no way to unhide remote's player head. You'll have to ask your coop partner to remove the mod first.
Camera reposition is possible most certainly, I'm just very curious to see how it all works in practice - pushing the camera too forward can "overshoot" character pivot point too much.

Hm, so the mod should be removed to make it work well, or will it work at both players well?
Also, may I ask why the parts had to be hidden if the camera can be moved on...? Sorry, I hardly can imagine the camera on the character.

Removing the mod is going to restore players head for sure. Both you and your partner will be able to see each other heads. As for the second question: if you move the camera so far that the player's head doesn't cover 50%+ of the view (especially while running or sprinting, since Boss leans forward then), you're loosing a) the first person perspective b) character's pivot points. It's actually hardly playable ;)

Back