Gentlemen of Steelport Compilation

so how long do you think it'll be until the next version of GoS with the GUI interface is released?

The same ETA that I keep telling people. When it's done. I honestly have no idea how long this is going to take. I'm rewriting everything from scratch.

I should also note that I get inundated with this same question multiple times a day ever since I first created GotR. I understand that everyone is excited, but repeatedly asking me tends to have the opposite effect and makes me less productive.

QI3hG.jpg

All fields are user editable to give more granular control to the user. The buttons at the bottom configure all the settings based on that particular mod package to make it simple for users who don't care about advanced config.

Does it do the same thing when you try using GPO standalone? i.e. deselect all mods in GoS and only build that option?

I got it work, but I let you know I tried with only core mods and same thing.

Alternatively, does your save have gang selection set to "random"?

I don't think I did but I set all gang to Saints 1 then reinstall Gang Plus One option 3 with no other mod and it work, so I install all other mod again and it work fine now.

I am sorry to be pain but thank you for help.

I look forward to next version, thank you all for making Saints Row fun again :D

o____o I love me some good old GUI. That looks amazing, easy to use, and just overall even more user friendly than the programs that are home brewed at my job... <.< I work corporate tech support. So just to point this out, you've made a program that's more user friendly than what a fortune 500 company could do for its own employees.

o____o I love me some good old GUI. That looks amazing, easy to use, and just overall even more user friendly than the programs that are home brewed at my job... <.< I work corporate tech support. So just to point this out, you've made a program that's more user friendly than what a fortune 500 company could do for its own employees.

You should see it in action. Most of the buttons and checkboxes have tooltips when you hover over them with detailed descriptions/warnings on what a setting does. I'm hoping it's so user friendly that it will make the readme and changelog almost obsolete and cut down on the amount of questions.

Also, my background is in IT as well. I've been in the field for over 10 years myself doing everything from IT administration, engineering, programming, management, contracting, and even support. I wear a lot of hats. ;)

One can only hope, then again in my job we have a program that is there to help keep printing quotas, its set unrealistically high so people won't go over their limit, but somehow they still do. I loathe human error and the inability to read a small popup, but I'd be out of the job if not for the existence of it. I've only got... 3 years real job experience, and 2 years as a college lab tech. So 5 total... mostly in basic printer, register, workstation, and even some CRT repairs.

Long ramble short, brave good sir, bra-vo.

How will the mods setup be handled? Will it be possible to toss extra mods in and have it include them in the pack when it does all the asms and builds a file? Will it be able to smish multiple alterations together (with priority given), that'd be really fun results but maybe not fun in the intended way! Or perhaps let you pull them out and do it by hand before putting them to be packed up together?

Sort of pie in the sky intents here, but you, good sir, are designing a gui that makes it look like the whole game is at your fingertips. Even knowing what some of the limits are makes it no less impressive :D

How will the mods setup be handled? Will it be possible to toss extra mods in and have it include them in the pack when it does all the asms and builds a file? Will it be able to smish multiple alterations together (with priority given), that'd be really fun results but maybe not fun in the intended way! Or perhaps let you pull them out and do it by hand before putting them to be packed up together?

Sort of pie in the sky intents here, but you, good sir, are designing a gui that makes it look like the whole game is at your fingertips. Even knowing what some of the limits are makes it no less impressive :D

If everything works out the way I have planned then you will be able to add in any future mod and have it dynamically build any needed asm_pc files (something which the current GoS can't do.) Now, whether these custom new mods introduce incompatibilities with existing GoS mods is something that is definitely out of my control.

After those screenshots, I'm cheering for GoS release more than for DLCs or the expansion set. Just wonder what kind of magic all those tabs can contain! "World state", "Weapons" and "NPCs" gonna be definitely my favs when GoS will be out.

Back