Gentlemen of Steelport Compilation

It was all scripted.
Is there any chance we could use files from sr2 but instead of the actual files (for copyright reasons) just include a list of required files that users must manually extract from sr2's vpp_pc files and where to put them?
EDIT: Or just replace zombie Gat's non scripted dialogue with real Gat equivalents?

Is there any chance we could use files from sr2 but instead of the actual files (for copyright reasons) just include a list of required files that users must manually extract from sr2's vpp_pc files and where to put them?
EDIT: Or just replace zombie Gat's non scripted dialogue with real Gat equivalents?

There are a few problems with that. First of all, the audio tools that we do have for SR2 are incomplete and only extract some of the audio. The audio that they do extract is not correct and bad quality. It sounds like a bad reverb/flange effect was applied. Secondly, the tools will not extract any dialogue other than some cutscene samples. The rest (like homie dialogue) can not be extracted. Third, the gat homie is missing those random incidental dialogue links and there is no current way to actually edit them to have them play a sample.

The only way it could possibly be done at this time is to take an existing homie like Cheapy D who has all those incidental dialogue links, then use gat's mesh/texture to convert him. Then try to manually record clean samples from SR2 and use some existing SRTT ones and redo all of the Cheapy D dialogue with them. It is a massive undertaking, and I have offered in the past to do the Cheapy D conversion if someone will get me a clean selection of samples to use.

EDIT:
It's roughly 140 samples.

Why do u need 140 samples? Cheapy D has only like a couple of lines.

All standard homies have that many lines:

nZQBQ.jpg

These also includes pain hits, fire screams, etc.

Could you please tell me where exactly in game files this sound pack located. So i can listen to them and have a better picture of what sounds to record from SR2.

Could you please tell me where exactly in game files this sound pack located. So i can listen to them and have a better picture of what sounds to record from SR2.

They're in the dlc1.vpp_pc archive in voc_CheapyD_media.bnk_pc. If you do this, I will need 1 for 1 matches to each Cheapy D sample, and I'll also need those Gat samples to be extremely clean. That means high quality 44.1 wav files with NO background noise or other npcs talking over it.

I'll tell you up front that if it's not close to perfect then I'm not interested in wasting my time messing with it. Gat deserves no less. Also, they don't all have to come from open world dialogue. Badass cutscene dialogue and even samples from SR1 would also work.

EDIT:
Before you start on this, I need to check on one thing. I need to make sure we can actually change play lengths in table files for each sample.

EDIT2:
I took a look and there are no table files. I spoke with Toad King about it, and he's going to look into it tomorrow. He thinks it may be part of the metadata.

I took a look and there are no table files. I spoke with Toad King about it, and he's going to look into it tomorrow. He thinks it may be part of the metadata.

Ok, I ll wait for now then. Can u recommend any software suitable for such recordings?

Back