Gentlemen of Steelport Compilation

Any chance of possibly removing the level 2 Baseball bat and replacing it with a stop sign? I replaced the baseball bat in SR2 a long time ago but forgot a lot of the process of replacing files and repacking and I don't know how to do it in SR3.

i'm having a problem when replaying the Murderbrawl mission. my boss gets to where she's kneeing Killbane in the crotch, and everytime on the 3rd knee jab, the screen goes black, kinda like when you fall under a car, and then both appear out in the middle of the ring (tho Killbane still has the animation of being in the corner) then he bashes boss...and throws himself outta the ring. and he stays out. boss is frozen for few seconds but then can move, but killbane just stands outside the wring walking around. i can't proceed past that. i'm using the part of the mod that disables forced wardrobe changes if that makes a difference. any advice?

i'm having a problem when replaying the Murderbrawl mission. my boss gets to where she's kneeing Killbane in the crotch, and everytime on the 3rd knee jab, the screen goes black, kinda like when you fall under a car, and then both appear out in the middle of the ring (tho Killbane still has the animation of being in the corner) then he bashes boss...and throws himself outta the ring. and he stays out. boss is frozen for few seconds but then can move, but killbane just stands outside the wring walking around. i can't proceed past that. i'm using the part of the mod that disables forced wardrobe changes if that makes a difference. any advice?

I can definitely tell you that it's not a common issue. Do you have GPO installed? That messes with a lot npc ai and could potentially be a cause. I would suggest deleting all of your mods. i.e. anything loose in the install folder with the exe, and rebuilding a new patch with only the core mods selected. See if it works then.

I actually had that glitch myself, but it wasn't due to mods. I deleted everything between characters.vpp_pc and cutscene.vpp_pc, and also misc_tables.vpp_pc and then verified the game cache, mod deleting didnt work for me. So I deleted any main files I thought could be the culprit. If your issue isnt mod related hope this helps!

Like it says right on the screen itself, if you're not sure then just build the patch version. That's the easiest and cleanest way. Loose mods are really meant for other modders so that they can look at individual files from a mod rather than having to hunt through an entire archive.

one more question, I can't have other mods when I have GoS?

It all depends. Some mods use the same files and cause problems and some don't. You would run into this whether you were using GoS or just installing them individually. Your best bet is to build your GoS patch files, then put any additional mods in the root of your install with the exe. That will keep everything neat and separate. NOTE: Any files in the root will take load precedence over GoS ones (if a mod uses the same files.) Once again, this may or may not cause problems depending on what files it uses.

Back