Gentlemen of Steelport Compilation

The new GoS interface is complete! Now comes the fun of writing the code so it actually, you know, does stuff. I'm currently mapping out the whole shebang in a massive spreadsheet so I can keep track of the hundreds of changes for each mod. Fun fun fun. :D

Good to hear! It is always fun when you can finally get to work on the next step of a project.

No promises, but I'm thinking I might have an early alpha ready in a couple of weeks or so (barring any natural disasters, acts of Bob, or a new addictive game. :p)

No promises, but I'm thinking I might have an early alpha ready in a couple of weeks or so (barring any natural disasters, acts of Bob, or a new addictive game. :p)

Better hurry, AC III comes out in about 3 weeks.

Wait, people buy games for systems other than PC?
Why? It's like an inferior computer with lower-res graphics, really lo-res textures, and zero modding capability! Admittedly I guess it DOES load a bit faster... but not by much. :D

Well.. nothing to do but wait then. Part of me wonders how much of a pokeable format the AC3 engine is... does anyone know the file formats, so I can make a Nude Desmond Mod*?

Oh, and back on topic.. is there any major benefit planned for the new GoS version with fancy installer etc? Like new mods added to the list, compatability fixers, or the like?

*No I do NOT want to do this... at the very least his pasty white skin would hit the bloom saturation limit! But every game apparently gets a nude mod as its first thing...

Oh, and back on topic.. is there any major benefit planned for the new GoS version with fancy installer etc? Like new mods added to the list, compatability fixers, or the like?

Yes. In addition to being able to use any combination of mods together (including mods that were previously incomaptible) and tweak individual settings for mods, the new GoS will include pretty much everything currently released, along with the ability to save config files with all your settings so you can easily load them or share them with a friend. I'm also working with shitface on adding/shifting a bunch of the unlocks among other things. It will knock everyone's socks off. Trust me. :)

Wait, people buy games for systems other than PC?
Why? It's like an inferior computer with lower-res graphics, really lo-res textures, and zero modding capability! Admittedly I guess it DOES load a bit faster... but not by much. :D

Well.. nothing to do but wait then. Part of me wonders how much of a pokeable format the AC3 engine is... does anyone know the file formats, so I can make a Nude Desmond Mod*?

*No I do NOT want to do this... at the very least his pasty white skin would hit the bloom saturation limit! But every game apparently gets a nude mod as its first thing...

Yes, games which belong on consoles, AC3 is a port to PC, any game that releases later on PC is a port. Like it or not, it's the truth even if the devs dont want to admit it. Look at BF3 for example.

Except Battlefield 3 apparently is crippled on consoles comparatively. Half the population in a map, really lo-res blurry textures, and paying for multiplayer on half the systems! Not to mention suddenly you're using a joystick to play an FPS... ;)
Point holds. Consoles are inferior computers. Consoles can't do GoS with all its customizable mod groups, after all.. that by definition makes them inferior copies of SR3 :D

Back