Gentlemen of Steelport Compilation

Soooooooooooooo... I'm using Shitface's weapon rebalance mod, specifically the apparently newer version of it that's linked over in his mod's thread. It comes as a collection of loose files.
How does this interact with
1) The GoS patch_compressed.vpp_pc & patch_uncompressed.vpp_pc files if you chose to install GoS as "patch style"? Do loose files override them, or do you have to use the 'loose file' installation of GoS in this case??
2) The Remove_all_SRTT_Mods .bat file? First of all what does that even mean, does it remove ALL SRTT mods and leave you a clean installation, or does it just try to uninstall "known" ones that are included in the GoS bundle? Does it account for the updated version of Shitface's mod?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After having played with the mods a bit, I decided I wanted to go back and mod my helis and planes, which involves going back and uninstalling your mods, reinstalling your mods + Helis->Boats, going ingame and customizing your stuff, then going back and uninstalling again, and finally reinstalling again without Helis->Boats. This is further complicated if you've chosen to go with a custom installation of loose files, and I can see it being a real pain if you want to do it with any regularity, since you can't really see what your creation will look like under ingame light conditions with the Heli->Boat mod installed.

Since this is the one mod that you only want to have installed temporarily, I suggest doing something to simplify the process:
When you run the GoS installer, have it generate TWO sets of mod files in separate folders; one with Helis->Boats, and one without. The extra disk space usage is negligible, and it would allow you to more easily swap back and forth between your normal gameplay mods and the set that lets you customize your aircraft. Simply run the uninstaller to clean your directory, then copy and paste the files from one version or the other into the SRTT root.
This eliminates the hassle of running the installer again and possibly messing up your save because you forgot to select a mod, or whatever.

Edit: Just realized that I wrote a rather muddled post. The stuff above the line has little to do with what comes after. :p

Where should I place my whole folder after extracted from the Rar.... I put all of the files in C:/games/SSTT/directory and I chose A and P... it runs the program but I cant find any mods in the game
Desmosedici, that's an odd place for SRTT to be installed, can you link your Steam account to your forum account please?

Hover your mouse over your forum name in the upper right corner and choose Steam Integration from the list that pops up.

Hmm... interesting fun fact. I can import a SR3 character wearing Cyrus's armor into SR4... and the armor appears in the character creation screen... but the character has no head!

Edit: It appears Joe's Additional Clothing For Sale SR4 mod fixes this. :D

Last edited:
Mine seems to not have installed correctly: Followed all steps to the letter and copied the two patch style files into the cache, but starting up I'm noticing no changes.

Back