Saints Row IV Hands on with the Saints Row IV press preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
do any of the old SR3 (or even SR2 era) weapons make a return as weapon skins? I know the .45 Fletcher skin is the same as the Shepard and I recall seeing the Gang SMG in earlier footage, but what about weapons such as the D4th Blossom and K6 Krukov?

do any of the old SR3 (or even SR2 era) weapons make a return as weapon skins? I know the .45 Fletcher skin is the same as the Shepard and I recall seeing the Gang SMG in earlier footage, but what about weapons such as the D4th Blossom and K6 Krukov?

Not that I saw, no.

EDIT:
Also, there was some question about whether regular Saints still roamed around. They do start roaming Saints controlled areas, just like SRTT. Had a fun fight earlier with a bunch of Saints vs the police/zin.

Found a new car called the Rattler! It's an updated version of the Venom Classic from SR2!

Isn't the Venom the car that Johnny drove? I remember you get it in either SR1 or SR2 as one of the rewards for beating a gang, I think. Oh yea, have you seen any new bikes since you posted that list? I'm looking for the Kaneda to come back, in particular. Been one of my faves since SR2, it has.

Glad to hear about the NPC AI improvements. They'll go far towards making a more immersive city...simulation...thing.

Do any weapon costumes have, say, custom animations? I must say that the pimp cane shotgun from 1 and 2 has been sorely missed by me for a long time...Perhaps it could make a comeback, but it's gotta have that pimp cane swagger with it =P Also the Fletcher, is it allowed to have a gold-plated skin? Be nice to get my gold-plated GDHC back, even if it's not technically a GDHC.

I think that's everything, I really can't think of much else to ask that you haven't already answered. I'd just like to get my hands on the damned game and see for myself :p Least I finally got my preorder in

I don't believe the Venom was a gang car in either SR or SR2. I have not seen the Kaneda, but the X2-Phantom is back which is pretty close.

There is a gold plated fletcher skin.

There are no special animations attached to weapons like the pimp cane that I have seen.

I miiiight be confusing the Venom with...I think Julius' car? The X2-Phantom, that's the bike you get in 3 for doing Cyberblazing, right? Perfect!

Unfortunate on the lack of special anims, I really do miss that cane. I suppose I'll find a cooler shotgun with all these skins though. Glad to see gold for sure.

....BTW, your preview build, is it called Saints Row IV Preview in Steam or Saints Row IV Early Access? Just curious, is all. Someone linked a steamdb page on another forum for this game implying that there's going to be an early access demo but it looks more like it's just the preview build.

I don't believe the Venom was a gang car in either SR or SR2. I have not seen the Kaneda, but the X2-Phantom is back which is pretty close.

There is a gold plated fletcher skin.

There are no special animations attached to weapons like the pimp cane that I have seen.
I _have_ seen the Kaneda, I've even ridden one. It's in normal traffic.
I miiiight be confusing the Venom with...I think Julius' car? The X2-Phantom, that's the bike you get in 3 for doing Cyberblazing, right? Perfect!

Unfortunate on the lack of special anims, I really do miss that cane. I suppose I'll find a cooler shotgun with all these skins though. Glad to see gold for sure.

....BTW, your preview build, is it called Saints Row IV Preview in Steam or Saints Row IV Early Access? Just curious, is all. Someone linked a steamdb page on another forum for this game implying that there's going to be an early access demo but it looks more like it's just the preview build.
It's called "Saints Row IV Preview".

Sorry if this is a double post im just very curious when you say "Boba fett armor" is it really an exact replica of his armor from the movies or a little different in the game? it's just the Colonial Pulse Rifle from Aliens is in the game and I would say it looks on par with the actual weapon so if they have that then they can certainly have this right? it would be great if either you Idol or Minimaul could clear this up for me? if not no worries. Also is the streaking and vehicle surfing diversions making a return in Saints Row IV? it's hilarious with the Sandbox + mod running through the city streets of Steelport completely naked doing the special running animation so I can't imagine how it would look in IV! :D

79.jpg

Yes, it looks like the Boba Fett armor. You sound kind of... weird... about it though. I really don't know if it will live up to your expectations without uploading a pic (which I can't because of the embargo.) Vehicle surfing is back. I didn't try streaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back