Visuals & Graphics HD Textures Pack Mod

Well apparently since I am such a new member I cant post the url or even picture to the bug I encountered with this mod. Which was all the textures it sposedly improved actually became completely black.

I uninstalled this mod jest for that reason.

Afterwords tho I managed to get this list of mods working 100% fine together:
Nude mod/patch - or as I like to call it Uncensored mod/patch as it doesnt jest unblur the female but the male as well
Mission Replay v8
Steelport Gangs DLC fixes v4.0

I will I guess when I have 9 more posts here on this forum post a link to all mods(if needed) and will provide an image to show the bug I described of this mod.

I jest wanted to report said bug issue to the dev.

I believe the Mission Replay mod uses "stream_grid.asm_pc" as well, so you'll have to update that if you want to use Mission Replay w/ this texture pack. Unless you already did, then I have no idea what's going on.

While there's a noticeable improvement in some of the textures and it looks good when standing still.. whenever moving around there's this constant grainy noisey look.
This is a very common downside in loads of hd texture pack mods for games.

in this case I'd rather just keep the poor textures than see that all the time.

looked good otherwise though and the performance hit was only about 5 FPS.
grainy noisey look is a really bad problem i keep trying to fix if i can but after many try i think its just the 3D engine who really dont like big textures.
Not fun to play with this problem i know and dunno what to do about it , the way the devs made the game is confusing.

I know for the problems of black texture and just need a smaller size of textures , thats why i've think about the lite version.
Atm i need to find a fix for this grainy noisey look texture when you move in the game and destroy the work i'm doing at the same time , cause some persons think its me who made the texture noisey on purpose ( got some private messages about it.

Hi, I love this mod of yours (truly amazing, I say).
But there's something that bothers me a bit.

Few buildings have this "concrete" texture near their base, with number "15" on it.
I don't know if this is fault on my side or not, but the texture itself are on every building. Few example is the buildings around Shaundi's Loft (the first crib?).

Also, the front page only talk about issues with Mission Replay if we're using Gentlemen of Steelport, yes?
I'm only using the stand-alone version of Mission Replay, and it crashes every time I start missions like "When Good Heist Go Bad", but it doesn't crash with missions that trigger phone calls.

Other than that, I have no problem whatsoever. The game goes smoothly with little-to-no stutter or performance issue.

Thanks again. c:

I have finally been able to install the HD texture after hours of fight. Maybe this can help others.

I used the ccc (Catalyst Control Center) from ATI and changed the settings from "quality" to "high performance". I tried that randomly and it worked :)

Thank you Hevon for your pack.

Hi, I love this mod of yours (truly amazing, I say).
But there's something that bothers me a bit.

Few buildings have this "concrete" texture near their base, with number "15" on it.
I don't know if this is fault on my side or not, but the texture itself are on every building. Few example is the buildings around Shaundi's Loft (the first crib?).

Also, the front page only talk about issues with Mission Replay if we're using Gentlemen of Steelport, yes?
I'm only using the stand-alone version of Mission Replay, and it crashes every time I start missions like "When Good Heist Go Bad", but it doesn't crash with missions that trigger phone calls.

Other than that, I have no problem whatsoever. The game goes smoothly with little-to-no stutter or performance issue.

Thanks again. c:
Oopss forgot to delete all the wall with numbers.. need to check this , its what im using to see where the texture im working on is placed in game.

I have finally been able to install the HD texture after hours of fight. Maybe this can help others.

I used the ccc (Catalyst Control Center) from ATI and changed the settings from "quality" to "high performance". I tried that randomly and it worked :)

Thank you Hevon for your pack.
You'r welcome and thanks for the tips , maybe it will help others.

Thank you so much for doing this, Hevon.

I've notice your releases don't contain a readme file at all. So if it's okay with you, I've made one for you. Since you shouldn't really leave a readme file out of your release, other people might claim it's their work.

As for that "grainy noisey look when moving" which also known as texture shimmering effect. Texture Shimmering Effect is when distant textures look like they're shinning, moving, and/or not being affected by antialiasing filters.

"Shimmering is a problem that occurs when mipmaps arent properly joined by filtering. This causes a "banding" effect in the distance dependent upon the amount of filtering and mipmap adjustments. What this causes is textures to look like they are crawling forward in the distance. Generally areas with significant repeating textures ((Gravel roads)) are more prone to the issue. To some people. This isnt a big deal. To others is monsterous distractiong. Some dont even notice it."

"Usually it can be fixed by lessoning the LoD impact. Keep in mind that negative LoD tend to sharpen textures in non Anisotropic Filtering enviroments. With AF enabled the need for a negative LoD is likely not as apparent due to anisotropic filtering sharpening textures. So clamping the LoD or putting a positive may not be as noticable with anisotropic filtering enabled. Some may argue that this does affect quality. And they'd be right that it does. But I find it a perfectly acceptable tweak given the circumstances."

Here is the attached readme file for your release. Hopefully it would be of some use to you. You can adjust it, edit it any way you like.

Admin edit: removed random links

Attachments

• readme.txt
    5.9 KB · Views: 1,236
Back