Saints Row: The Third Kinzie's Toy Box Status (SRTT SDK)

Status
Not open for further replies.

[V] IdolNinja

Volition Staff
I have been getting a lot of messages lately wondering what is going on. Basically, myself, Minimaul, Jeff Thompson, and Mike Wilson have been working together non-stop in a private chat and testing/documenting new tools for the upcoming SDK. One of the challenges we are facing is that our modding workflow and Volition's development are pretty different. Part of this behind the scenes process is to modify the tools to better suit the way we approach things from a modding perspective.

Currently we are working on the following tools:
cvtf cruncher - crunches the vehicle customization and variant table files into a cvtf
table file editor - gui for table file edits instead of using notepad
vpp_pc viewer - allows you to see the contents inside a vpp archive and extract individual files
peg_viewer - viewing textures
packaging tool that support vpp, str2, and also can also assemble/concat asm files

This is by no means a complete list of everything that will be making up the SDK, but rather a snapshot of where we stand in the process with the current beta tools. I'll also make an effort at keeping this thread updated so you fuckers will stop messaging me to keep everyone in the loop.

Lol. " This fucker."

I am sorry, but that is damn funny.

This fucker wants to know if Rick's also on it, or is it just you and Minimaul?

Unfortunately, Rick is extremely busy with his new job so it's just myself and Minimaul for now. Rick has certainly provided some input in GoS chat though with things like the String tool that Minimaul developed.

Looking at the new update to the cvtf crunch tool, and it now allows you to specify input and output. (This is a nice improvement over the previous version that forced you to have the table files sorted in specific subfolders.)

So will we be able to import/export models? Will there be a file converter if there is a certain file type that is required for models?

I ain't touching this one. Someone else is going to need to have that special talk with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back