Saints Row: The Third Kinzie's Toy Box Status (SRTT SDK)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoops, my bad. I just spent a while looking through other recent developments, this was the first topic I read and I though you guys were still in the dark.
I'm sorry if anybody's feelings are hurt, ignore my stupidity but I would still like to know if gun modeling is a possibility?

Hurt feelings? We're not a bunch of fragile flowers. :p

Randall from Volition is working on releasing 3ds max scripts and templates we can use to create our own weapons and npcs. So, not yet. Hopefully soon.

Nice, it's at least in the works.
I have a bunch of HR gun models I would to add to this game, but the waiting is just making me stir crazy.

Whoops, my bad. I just spent a while looking through other recent developments, this was the first topic I read and I though you guys were still in the dark.
I'm sorry if anybody's feelings are hurt, ignore my stupidity but I would still like to know if gun modeling is a possibility?

From what I've read, it's not yet, but will be soon.
EDIT: Whoops, didn't notice there was another page after that post!

Jeff Thompson has drafted up a release plan for the SDK after meeting with a lot of the Volition staff today. It will then be going to us and Deep Silver for our input. If everything looks good we'll be posting a release schedule by the end of this week or early next.

Keep in mind this isn't the SDK itself, but rather a schedule and plan of attack. There's still a lot of work going on behind the scenes to make it all happen.

Jeff Thompson has drafted up a release plan for the SDK after meeting with a lot of the Volition staff today. It will then be going to us and Deep Silver for our input. If everything looks good we'll be posting a release schedule by the end of this week or early next.

Keep in mind this isn't the SDK itself, but rather a schedule and plan of attack. There's still a lot of work going on behind the scenes to make it all happen.

Awesome, so we can finally get the ETA I'm sure a lot of us have been waiting for! :D

It's not the SDK, but it's a release schedule, and a sign that it's not just a "Oh, we're gonna do it eventually, really.."

The other big thing I hope some of the people on the net take away from this is the three parties involved. Release plan developed by Volition, sure. Then given to Deep Silver for checking and input. Perfectly standard. But then going to the modding community? I mean, we know why (because let's face it this probably won't involve some needed tools if they're really internal designed like expected, meaning coders here have to fill in gaps using Volition provided info, and even so there's a lot to coordinate) but to those outside it's also a thing that says "They're working with the community on this one and addressing concerns."

Regardless of the number of reasons for modding sdk, it's also a good publicity thing with SR4 almost out the door, saying "We know you love this game, we love it too, so why should we hog the making of all this fun shit? Buy this game and if it doesn't include the cool thing you want, there's a good chance you'll be able to add it and show your friends too." :cool:

It's not the SDK, but it's a release schedule, and a sign that it's not just a "Oh, we're gonna do it eventually, really.."

The other big thing I hope some of the people on the net take away from this is the three parties involved. Release plan developed by Volition, sure. Then given to Deep Silver for checking and input. Perfectly standard. But then going to the modding community? I mean, we know why (because let's face it this probably won't involve some needed tools if they're really internal designed like expected, meaning coders here have to fill in gaps using Volition provided info, and even so there's a lot to coordinate) but to those outside it's also a thing that says "They're working with the community on this one and addressing concerns."

Regardless of the number of reasons for modding sdk, it's also a good publicity thing with SR4 almost out the door, saying "We know you love this game, we love it too, so why should we hog the making of all this fun shit? Buy this game and if it doesn't include the cool thing you want, there's a good chance you'll be able to add it and show your friends too." :cool:

One thing I'd like to add to this is that the Volition guys have been working closely with myself and Minimaul every day on this stuff. We have had a lot of input into how everything works so that it all makes sense from a modding perspective.

Oh, we know that here, you've mentioned some of it as have they, and it's a joint effort, what with everything that's come before taking off a lot of the work from Volition as they busily polish up the upcoming game and possibly get some time to unwind after it's gold.. the thing I'm noting is the fact that it's being discussed properly around will (hopefully) let the internet at large understand some that it's not just a developer fiat saying "Here's your stuff, be thankful you got it" (which after some horror stories I've heard I'm starting to wonder if Bethesda is feeling).

In turn the rest of us get to sit with baited breath for the next fun bit to come out. I've already got my own ideas for some fun stuff for SR3 as do others, so we're all chomping at the bit to get loose to do some of it.

Nothing like engaging the community and acknowledging how you like them to spike goodwill on both sides. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back