Saints Row IV Latest Steam patch for SRIV breaks weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i sure as hell saved a bunch of times over my game before noticing something was wrong. If i have to start over i'll start over i'm far from tired of the game. If the saves are unusable after its fixed. There's still hope. I don't know if whatever reads the save would be off ..they did fix a stat display. o_O Weapons Cache tho ...could have been altered for DLC compatibility a bit. who knows ... in the mean time ..you got a 50 cal minigun that doesn't show up ... impales your arm in your side. But when you fire it looks like a very badly animated super power gotta hold down the button tho looks like the alien RPG's missile. Missing guns depends on what you had equipped and unlocked already ....and a lesser dubstep lower volumed different song dubstep gun then the 3 others. can't update the dildobat anymore ...will even freeze you from clicking anything if you try something ...you can still press escape and exit the friendly fire.

Yeah i had 4 too, I didn't try em tho. There's a difference between the buy/upgrade weapons list and gateway weapons list too. I can't say exactly how but things aren't all in the right places and the same.

Edit: i missed the merica ... thats for sure .. i had just unlocked infinite ammo so i was going for the ammo eating weapon of doom! ... and then i got sad D : missed others but dunno which.

Why are people mentioning the Inauguration Station ?
I mean, why would you still use that when the game is already out ? You can create a new character in-game now...

My current save is a cheated test save anyway, so it having issues doesn't bother me, i've avoided my original completed save since the update.

This has probably already been posted but, the item issue doesn't seem to effect weapons that i gained "after" the update, only weapons i got before the update, at least when i tested it with weapon updates.

My current save is a cheated test save anyway, so it having issues doesn't bother me, i've avoided my original completed save since the update.

This has probably already been posted but, the item issue doesn't seem to effect weapons that i gained "after" the update, only weapons i got before the update.
yeah, some people are saying new games are working without issue. Might test that theory in a few days if nothing has been said by then.

I have not launched SR4 at all today, so both of my saves should hopefully be okay.

I haven't run either today.. I got lucky in that regard. Got home, ate, browsed net, watched a bit of youtubes, and then went here to check up before resuming my playthru (the obsessive-compulsive part of me wants to 100% the game, so I'm now working on challenges and thus I NEED my guns for those "kill 200 guys with this weapon" ones.
Thankfully I read this post first thing.. I can wait a little longer.

Why are people mentioning the Inauguration Station ?
I mean, why would you still use that when the game is already out ? You can create a new character in-game now...
There are a few clothing items in IS that you can't find in-game. Someone made a handy list of items (with pictures), but I don't have a link right now.

Personally I have yet to find the "Devil Horns" hat anywhere, but maybe I'm just dumb.

I never got the 633mb patch but did get a ~28mb patch today, is that ok to use? I can wait if this one has issues too, I know things can happen :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back