SPOILERS Least favorite thing in the game?

I dont really like the new notoriety system, is one sided like Zin troops only. While SR3 has like dual layer, gang and cops which adds more depth and a lot more fun.

The mod that adds back gangs in the city fixed part of the problem but it still lack of the notoriety levels and the special troop from each gang.

Marauders.
Those stupid things came popping in near the last level where I was trying to climb stairs, and they'd knock me off the stairs when they'd fade in from nowhere.

My least fave thing is definitely the amount of bugs — I had a pretty stable experience with SR3 but in co-op with my brother, the amount of crashing and unintended glitching was frequent and disruptive. Especially being stuck on frozen loading screens and having to figure out a tricky workaround for the Keymaster mission (many reports of this still in the wild, over a month after release). Still, a great time overall. I was taken aback by the bugginess because I thought evolving this engine maturely would make a noticeable difference.

I didn't like the repetitive "sidequests" either, they were largely "do all the activities". The main story was the meat I focused on.

CID was not well-written or voiced. He looked like a Portal personality core but wasn't so funny to stand out as a character. I found his voiceovers during his Rift activities to be annoying and I wish there was more of the wild "FUKFUKFUK" CID instead of the "oh noes" one we heard most of the time. In the "sulky bot" dept. I find Marvin the Paranoid Android (from the movie version of Hitchhiker's Guide0 to be more memorable.

Didn't care for Asha either, she seemed bland and I was put off by how my actual character's face wasn't used for the Mr. X mission — the MGS spoof was hilarious but I felt distanced. Confusing how her name is so close to "Aisha". Would have liked to see more continuation of earlier lieutenants, but understand if there were external reasons why they weren't in (or axed off early, like Oleg).

I like bloom/light effects but it was hard to tweak my character because she was constantly drowned in a bright spotlight that made her makeup all shiny. I don't recall it being so extreme in the last game. At least provide a way to enable/disable different lighting conditions in the customization station.

BTW — I DO like how modern and fresh this forum feels. It seems a lot more responsive than a lot of forums I've used, both making posts and searching for them. Great work by the admins/mods here! :D

No, you're right. Outside the Story-mode, there isn't too much going on, let alone funny stuff that can happen. Although with the increased violence level of the simulants, you might get a little more action from them. At best I managed to get a granny open fire on a cop, then takes the shot gun and starts firing on my saints.

Just the lack of anything else, not even random events like in SRTT, more than counteracts this though...

I'm with you there, I was hoping to stroll on by and get into more so-called "emergent gameplay" of witnessing once-in-a-blue moon weirdness. I did like seeing glitched characters at first, I had an idea it was going to happen from the trailers but this is the first time I've seen the "long limbs" bug used to intentional and hilarious effect. But some of these chaotic MODs are helping. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Please use the Edit link to add new content to your post instead of Double-Posting, as per the Forum rules.

Further failures will result in deletion of any double posts.

I just wish the superpowers weren't so underpowered. The stomp achievement is hard as hell to get because of that.

I just wish the superpowers weren't so underpowered. The stomp achievement is hard as hell to get because of that.
Freeze them with freeze blast first, then stomp them.
Insta gibbed and it counts towards the achievement.

IMO,freeze blast + rock stomp is too OP,you can devastate entire enemy squads by using that combination.

Just don't use the fire blast for that achievement if you have the explosive fire perk. Doesn't count. Use your fire buff.

Oddly I killed them just fine with it.. run in, stomp, laugh. I think however the gravity and shrink stomps may have counted for the "stomp kills" achievement. Maybe I was just that lost to stomping everything.

I kind of wish, on the topic of superpowers and 'least liked things' that we had a faster refire on the blasts upgrade. Past what we got, something to rapid-fire-spam (literally, at times). As well, something to increase the blast projectile speed. So it can be comparable to just gunning down hordes of enemies with or without buff active. It was always easier and quicker to shoot everything than to try to fire my blasts, up close since otherwise they dodge, and only do it once every few seconds. Yeah, it's moddable, but it seems the kind of thing they should have had otherwise (particularly with level 50 upgrades like "Infinite ammo for any weapon")

As well, a toggle button (or hold button?) for whirlwind upgrade. There's a reason we have mods to disable it, but it was kind of fun to have. So I wish I could hold a second key to use whirlwind while super-sprinting, and not hold it to just super-sprint normal.

Back