Mission Replay v8

Would you be able to fix the lighting in the Morningstar HQ you acquire as a crib? Near the end of the game, the place changes a bit. But even after you beat the final mission, the Saints' purple lighting is still gone, the place looks boring.

But you don't get it as an actual crib, do you? I've never seen the crib icon on the map after choosing to save it. Unless there is something I'm missing...

I think he is talking about Saints HQ, which started out as a Morningstar place.

I think he is talking about Saints HQ, which started out as a Morningstar place.

Ah, that makes sense then. I thought he was talking about Loren's place that you can either blow up or keep. I'm not sure why the lighting would be significantly different but I can take a look.

Yeah, the Saints HQ was the building I was talking about. When you first acquire it, the interior, pool and skylights are lit with the Saints' trademark purple colour. Yet after STAG blows up the building in one of the last cutscenes, the lighting disappears and never returns, the skylights become white and the pool goes back to being lit red. Very lame.

Does that happen in vanilla or with the replay mod only? That zone swap is a little bit different considering the 2nd parameter is listed as "DISABLE" instead of "false".

I think I found the issue. There is an extra zone swap in m13 that volition forgot to swap back in at the end for the final mission. If it works I'll have an updated script up shortly.

EDIT:
Yep. Got it. The zone that needs to be swapped back in is:
city_zone_swap( "hq", true )

Give this new build a try. See attached. The early mission replays (not including the first bank heist one) change everything back to Morningstar colors as they should be. All missions replays from Belgian Problem to STAG Party correctly restore the Saints HQ purple. Post STAG party to endgame it reverts back to morningstar color scheme like vanilla does. Gangstas in space replay fixes both the HQ damage, and now also the Saints purple as it should be.

Keep in mind that you don't have to replay the whole mission to change worldstate. You only need to get to the waypoint that the call sets up where it does the black screen wipe, and then you can cancel. A great one is Gangstas in Space since there is no cell phone call and waypoint. i.e. it simply starts the mission which you can immediately cancel and get the final worldstate as it should be.

Attachments

• mission_replay_v3a_fixed_hq.rar
    1.2 MB · Views: 413
Hmm version 3_a seems to have solved my issue with the Safeword section of Return to Steelport, though I find it odd that the waypoint I got before was way off compared to the now correct waypoint. Oh well. ;D

Back