Realism mod

hi there.
im completely new to saints ro the third and to it's modding so maybe one of you can tell me why my game locks up in the loading screen when i try to run it with this mod installed?

i just reinstalled the game again (after playing it about 6 months ago and lost all my saves) andd i started a completely new game and installed the mod. the game locks up before the introduction and the robbery tutorial.
if i uninstall the mod the game works fine.

is it that i need to reach the open world part of the game? or update the game to a later patch?

You are playing with a fully-patched Steam version of the game, yes?

Try removing all mods, then having Steam verify the integrity of the Local Files to make sure something isn't out of whack.

thanks arglaar. i needed to update.

now the mod is working but i find it extremely hard and frustrating. the damage changes are fine, but the game throws so many tough enemies at you that it makes it frustrating.

i wish to mod the followings and not sure how:
1) make LESS enemies spawn when they come in waves as the stars increase (less than vanilla).
2) make less helicopters and less over the top weapons appear (no RPGs and grenade launchers).
3) keep the weapon damage changes as they are in this mod BUT make car hits, accidents, brutes and others as they were in vanilla. what files do i need to delete to have brutes and impacts from cars act exactly as they were in vanilla?

I really like this mod, but there could be more: for example give SWAT members and soldiers also some SMGs or when you steal some car and cop saw it, it would give you one badge of notoriety.. is that possible?

This mod looks awesome!

I suck at games, I tend to play on Casual mode and just screw around in most games. SR3 is no exception. However, I got the Full Package and I have to remember to ignore the DLC vehicles every single time I go to my garage. I want to experience DLC as periodic unlocks rather than on my new character. Can you make a sub-package of your mod that just has the DLC balance features?

I'd really like that!

Thanks!

So I'm back again guys with a wishing of a happy new year to all the moderators,modders and other members and of course with a new update:

*UPDATE* Version 3.0 - 11 january 2013

-gangs now carry a much more diverse equipment like ar-55,storm smg,etc;
-the brute that jumps on the ball is easier to kill than before;
-the yarn ball is much more resistant;
-the mini-map along with the notoriety badges/stars have been removed.

Perhaps in a future update you could include faster rocket speeds? (If you haven't done so already)

Quoting myself in a thread I made:

I've been snooping around the weapons.xtbl and found out that you can change the speed at which rockets can travel so I decided to make the rockets travel at a more realistic speed. However I can't find the value for the speed of the rockets after they leave the rocket-pod on the helicopters and the A10 lookalike. Any idea as to where they are?

Disregard this, I found the value I was looking for. It is located within <Projectile_Info> as <Post_Ignition_Speed>

However on the pre-guided/lv.4 Annihilator, changing the <Speed> value which is also within <Projectile_Info> is enough.

Speeds for the lv.4 Annihilator are located within the weapon_upgrades.xtbl

For NPCs, change <Speed_NPC> and <Post_Ignition_Speed_NPC> accordingly.

I find that setting the values around 200 for the RPG and 300 for aircraft is good in the sense that it's much harder, if not impossible, to dodge rockets within close to medium range.

Perhaps in a future update you could include faster rocket speeds? (If you haven't done so already)

Quoting myself in a thread I made:

However on the pre-guided/lv.4 Annihilator, changing the <Speed> value which is also within <Projectile_Info> is enough.

Speeds for the lv.4 Annihilator are located within the weapon_upgrades.xtbl

For NPCs, change <Speed_NPC> and <Post_Ignition_Speed_NPC> accordingly.

I find that setting the values around 200 for the RPG and 300 for aircraft is good in the sense that it's much harder, if not impossible, to dodge rockets within close to medium range.

Nope I won't change the rocket's speed.

Back