Retexturing Saints Row IV, For Dummies

I'm so gonna be digging through the files tonight to find the textures for the mech, and when I do... oh when I do it shall be glorious.

"Easily update their ASM_PC", for some people, this part will be hard... At least harder than a drag/drop, because, you know... reading... :p

Ok so, as a test, here you go, my gentlemen of the "generique hero" folder :

Might be a good idea to create a new thread to share these stuff instead of putting them inside a tutorial thread?:D

Might be a good idea to create a new thread to share these stuff instead of putting them inside a tutorial thread?:D

True for the finished work, but it's really just a test, to help me first see if i shared the right files,
to help people understand what to do with the files, make their own test...Etc :)

Yeah, after doing it for the first time it gets way easier.

4gfDq.png

My first mod using this method was just removing the De La Muerte logos from the DLM hoodie. It went really well! Good tutorial, man, very thorough.

Work in progress , I still have to fix the bump map and other things.
2aik3l4.jpg
2ef6tl1.jpg

The purple Iron Saint is cool as hell.

Thank you Konrann for the tutorial, I've been able to modify the Denim Vest - really small changes, like black jeans (can't see why we weren't allowed to change it in the first place o_O) and added a biker-style patch on the back. The patch's coloring is a little off, blue-ish, but I can't say if it's due to lightining or material nodes' colors (like, specular, ambient, etc). Couldn't find a "natural" light source in Steelport for dear life -__-"
Anyway, this is the result:
bgle.jpg

Now, if only I knew how to remove the gloss effect from clothes :confused:

Back